Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What does "Job #" refer to? Is a particular Job better (more desirable) than others?
How do I determine which Job# a truck is?
What should I have done by dealer before taking delivery of a new truck? ie. assure that latest ECM updates are performed
Other ideas or input ....... ????:dunno:
Input appreciated as I plan to take delivery tomorrow.

·
Warheads on Foreheads
1,812 Posts
I've read that it will say what job on a label inside the door area somewhere. But I really don't know either what it means. I'd like to know more myself.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
what year truck, im assuming its an 09? I wasnt aware they had gone past job 1 on the 09's. if you mean 08, do a search

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
09's are all job 1 as far as i know

·
PMR = JUNK
11,244 Posts
what year truck, im assuming its an 09? I wasnt aware they had gone past job 1 on the 09's. if you mean 08, do a search
Hes doing a search with this thread because the search on the site with worthless.

09's are all job 1 as far as i know
They would be the equivalent of a job 3, as job 3 was the last revision to the '08s

·
Warheads on Foreheads
1,812 Posts
Hes doing a search with this thread because the search on the site with worthless.

They would be the equivalent of a job 3, as job 3 was the last revision to the '08s
And this means what? Does "job #" have to do with where it was built, options the truck has etc?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jake,
You are correct. The search engines on forums are, at best, very limited or maybe it's me.
I Googled numerous versions of Ford F250 Job 1,2,3 and found some information.
Picked up a 2009 F-250 Lariat, Black on black CCSB 4x4 6.4L yesterday and will get my sig, etc. filled out soon.
Thanks for the info

·
PMR = JUNK
11,244 Posts
And this means what? Does "job #" have to do with where it was built, options the truck has etc?
The job number is revisions made to the truck mid model year. Some revisions include things like programming updates, and a different air dam on the bumper.

Jake,
You are correct. The search engines on forums are, at best, very limited or maybe it's me.
I Googled numerous versions of Ford F250 Job 1,2,3 and found some information.
Picked up a 2009 F-250 Lariat, Black on black CCSB 4x4 6.4L yesterday and will get my sig, etc. filled out soon.
Thanks for the info
Sweet. You'll have to get some pics of it.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts

no, he's not searching, he's posting a thread that has been covered. and funny, i've yet to have issues searching.

·
PMR = JUNK
11,244 Posts
no, he's not searching, he's posting a thread that has been covered. and funny, i've yet to have issues searching.
Who cares if its been covered. Besides, if it bothers you that much, don't open the thread.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts