Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just as it states above what does all this mean and how can I tell which one I have? Just wanted to ask I have seen a few people talk about it

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
if you bought the truck new, check the build sheet. it will tell you. or you can search, there are a ton of threads about this. build date is the definitive difference.

·
4,488 Posts
If you have your original window sticker take a look at it.
I was looking at an 08 on the lot the other day and I believe it was on the sticker.

Edit: I just went and checked, it will say "Job XXX Build Identifer" in the list of options. (far right colomn)

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Edit: I just went and checked, it will say "Job XXX Build Identifer" in the list of options. (far right colomn)
I'm looking at mine right now, nothing anywhere on it, closest thing I have is bottom center which talks about the label being affixed pursuant to the Federal Automobile blah blah blah... Anyway, there is a code that reads,
8A141 N RB 2X 835 002436 01 14 08

The 01 14 08 being the date it began assembly.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What is the differences in build dates? One better than the other?

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Mine can't be a job 1, I special ordered it the first week of January '08 didn't start getting built until a week after that.

Can't check my pillar right now, I dropped my truck off at the dealer for the tank recall today, I'll get it back tomorrow. The pillar your talking about is the one on the drivers side door jam that list the tire specs and vin# and such, right?

·
Registered
2,129 Posts

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Also you can not go by the air dam either. Both my buddies F-250 and my Big Butt (Oh, can I say that here:doh:), have the smaller air dams and they are both job #2 rigs. Go figure:dunno:
~Mike~

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
I just checked my window sticker and it doesn't say anything about Job Number. However, I think what we are seeing is that special orders don't have Job Numbers on the stickers, but dealer stock does have Job Number. Mine was special order also.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Ok now to answer the mans question.
JOB 1 built after 12/19/2006
Job 2 built after 07/30/2007
Job 3 Not exactly sure of exact date
The only difference is the date the truck was built on, and the program in the computer. Alot of the recall stuff was taken care of in the later build dates. If you are trying to buy a programer you will need to know what build date and what program you have in your computer (if you had the computer flashed at the dealer).
The Job 3 trucks were given a longer air dam under the front bumper and some higher gears to try and help with fuel economy.
Hope this helps

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Mine can't be a job 1, I special ordered it the first week of January '08 didn't start getting built until a week after that.

Can't check my pillar right now, I dropped my truck off at the dealer for the tank recall today, I'll get it back tomorrow. The pillar your talking about is the one on the drivers side door jam that list the tire specs and vin# and such, right?
Yes, that's right.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Ok now to answer the mans question.
JOB 1 built after 12/19/2006
Job 2 built after 07/30/2007
Job 3 Not exactly sure of exact date
The only difference is the date the truck was built on, and the program in the computer. Alot of the recall stuff was taken care of in the later build dates. If you are trying to buy a programer you will need to know what build date and what program you have in your computer (if you had the computer flashed at the dealer).
The Job 3 trucks were given a longer air dam under the front bumper and some higher gears to try and help with fuel economy.
Hope this helps
Wrong...
there is a difference
To see what was included in Job 1 trucks, and what changed for Job 2 trucks, click on the following link and skip down to about page 11 and start reading until you finish about page 32. https://www.fleet.ford.com/truckBBAS/non-html/2008/whatsnew2008.pdf ... Basically, they added some options for Job 2 that weren't available for Job 1.

Next, click on the following link:http://www.sunrisefordfleet.com/pdf_files/order_guides/2008/2008 SD F350 Order Guide.pdf The Job 3 changes are listed in that order guide.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Wrong...
there is a difference
To see what was included in Job 1 trucks, and what changed for Job 2 trucks, click on the following link and skip down to about page 11 and start reading until you finish about page 32. https://www.fleet.ford.com/truckBBAS/non-html/2008/whatsnew2008.pdf ... Basically, they added some options for Job 2 that weren't available for Job 1.

Next, click on the following link:http://www.sunrisefordfleet.com/pdf_files/order_guides/2008/2008 SD F350 Order Guide.pdf The Job 3 changes are listed in that order guide.
Well Dusten
why didnt you answer him in your first two posts not just put in usless information. He was asking what the difference was in the builds. I was giving him what information I had.
I am only trying to help with what information I had/

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Well Dusten
why didnt you answer him in your first two posts not just put in usless information. He was asking what the difference was in the builds. I was giving him what information I had.
I am only trying to help with what information I had/
replied to your pm, go cry to someone who cares. i didnt post in the my first two posts, because i was to lazy to find it, AGAIN.
But, since you were giving bad info, and the op couldnt search for the right info, i did.
Your welcome.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Cry?
Lazy sounds about right :)
Lets not ruin this post with being stupid

J

·
0 Posts
Um

I think that they did something with the fuel gauges and the miles till empty thing on the later ones. :hehe:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts