Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, Im about to lose my mind...... Long story but ill shorten it up best I can.

Ive checked numerous things over the last while, thinking it had to be the springs. Today I removed:
The hitch, fuel tank shield, spare tire shield, removed both ladder bars and re-greased and cleaned joints and torqued u-bolts to 250 ft/lbs........
Still get the godda** ****ing jingle :tard:

I Put new pmf lift on few months ago, while installing traction blocks/bars I had my leaf springs spread apart on me and the alignment pin actually fell through and into the 7"block body :tard:
So I wrangled up some rebar and it was a perfect fit so I used that as my center pins.
When going over sharp bumps only the rear end, seems to be on the rebound I get a jingle like Ive got tire chains hanging from rear bumper.

So, my findings today sums up my initial thought of leaf springs being the culprit but I dont understand why......

Any ideas short of finding a new/used set of spring to put in?

·
Premium Member
4,448 Posts
You can get new center bolts. You just gotta find a spring shop and give them some dimensions. I'd feel better redoing it than waiting for it to give you issues. There's a good chance that's what's causing your noise as well.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks FDD.
I stopped by a spring shop today and grabbed two new centre bolts, hope to get in tonight or tomorrow.

·
Registered
547 Posts
You say you used pieces of rebar for center bolts in the leaf packs? so the spring packs had nothing holding them together except the pressure put on them by your u-bolts holding them to the blocks? i'd say that's your problem if that's the case.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Correct.
I havent had time yet this week to get center bolts in, damn work keeps getting in the way!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts