Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if you know anyone with a tdi jetta. dont matter what year really but in the $3 grandish price range and kinda close to michigan, let me know. been thinking about buying one for a daily driver.

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
:doh: You too huh. :thumb:

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
why? you lookin too? a vw golf tdi would be even better
Yes I am. I love those things. I would totally trade my truck for the right one.

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
theres one on egay right now in mich but salvage title and i think its a automatic. i asked what it would take to end the auction, she said $3500. i say no way. it is a 02 tho but the salvage kills it i think.

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
theres one on egay right now in mich but salvage title and i think its a automatic. i asked what it would take to end the auction, she said $3500. i say no way. it is a 02 tho but the salvage kills it i think.
Well that all depends. I do not want an auto but as long as it is straight. Could have had the timing belt break and got a new engine or somethin. I mean you never get the money out of that title but you'll get the miles out of it.

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
We used to have a early 90s tdi 5 speed. Turned the pump up and had a 7 inch tip. It rolled mass amounts of coal. It was a rough car, bought it for $500. Got 55 mpg before the pump was turned and 40-45 after it was rolling smoke everywhere:hehe:

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
edit, I dont think it was called a "tdi" but it was a turbo diesel jetta:thumb:

·
Premium Member
1,208 Posts
i want one too, got a 2000 jetta 2.0 gasser as my daily driver now, solid car knock on wood, cant find a tdi for a good price in my neck of the woods

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Yeah you're not alone ryan. Not many for sale. Why would anyone wanna sell 'em?! Lol!

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
They hold resale value very good,so they are hard to find cheap.

·
Premium Member
9,475 Posts
If you're just looking for a driver and you plan on hanging on to it for quite a while then the salvage title shouldn't mean much, so long as the price isn't on the high side of retail. Good used and cheap TDI's are hard to come by.

·
Dieselis' Maximus
1,057 Posts
back in 07 when i was in Iraq i saw them all over the place then the fuel prices spiked and they became very hard to find. also when i was originally looking i saw them for about 6-9k those same years 2000-2003 after the fuel price spike went to 11-13k in price in less then a month.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
they are fun little cars. my cousin had an 04 jetta tdi. 5 speed. awesome car, use to cruise down the road.

my lease is almost up on my altima coupe, it cant come sooner. i looked at a new jetta but i dont want another car payment. my truck is owned took me doubling up on payments to do it but im healed from that lol

check craigslist..i find them on there all the time. almost everyone i found has well over 150k on it. i know the whole "its a diesel it will run forever" but that doesnt mean the car/drivestrain/suspension can handle that many miles

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
they are fun little cars. my cousin had an 04 jetta tdi. 5 speed. awesome car, use to cruise down the road.

my lease is almost up on my altima coupe, it cant come sooner. i looked at a new jetta but i dont want another car payment. my truck is owned took me doubling up on payments to do it but im healed from that lol

check craigslist..i find them on there all the time. almost everyone i found has well over 150k on it. i know the whole "its a diesel it will run forever" but that doesnt mean the car/drivestrain/suspension can handle that many miles
Yes it does (to a point, within reason). The paint alone has a 10 yr warranty. They go far as a whole car. Not like a Dodge Ram Cummins :hehe:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts