Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two jetskis I just took out of storage and both seem to be very hard to turn over right now. With a charger it barely turns over but if I pull the plugs it turns over at about half idle speed.

If its seized should I not be able to turn it over at all? I doubt the charger. I have two that are doing that.

·
Registered
425 Posts
yeah sounds to me that ur batterys arent charging, and are dead, charge the batts for a night and check the voltage, a fully charged battery is 12.6 and a dead one is around 11.6 i think and see if it cranks any quicker if not buy some new batterys, i have a waverunner and this happend to it this spring when i un winterized ity, good luck..

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was checking it on one while trying to start. Without the charger the one was 6 volts, dropped to like 3 trying to start. With charger 16 volts, dropped to 10 trying to start.

The only thing that has me worried is that it doesn't make the normal "my battery is dead" sound. Its more like its trying and grumbling. I'm gona head out tomorrow and get two new bats and a good charger and give em a try. The ones charging now. thanks.

·
Registered
295 Posts
what type of skis do you have? When i bought mine i had a few problems. My impeller was hitting something so that had to be replaced. When I took it back it the problem was still there. My real problem was my starter gear. It is similar to a clutch, when the starter starts spinning it throws out a gear that catches the crank. If it is a clanking noise it could be that or something in your impeller. This was the case on my 96 Kawasaki 660. Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts