Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
pics to follow soon....

So as I'm on my way home from work today, sitting behind a car waiting to turn left, some a$$bag texting on his phone rather than paying attention to the road decided to rear end me.. The police estimated by the skid marks, and the damage to his jeep, he was traveling between 35 - 40 mph. My truck was only brand new for 8 months before some jerk decided to ruin it!

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
thats what insurance is for. sucks though . did u get hurt

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, just mad at the fact that rather than paying attention to the road he was reading a text, he openly admitted that fact to the police, and even though Iowa just passed a law against that crap, the police didn't say anything to him about it. Luckily, no one was hurt, which is a good thing that came out of a ****y situation.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The photos are crappy, sorry, the Drivers side of the bed and the tailgate/bumper took the brunt of the damage.. you cannot see all the dents though, even from different angles with the camera.

Attachments

·
Registered
314 Posts
Sorry about your truck.

The texting and driving thing is getting way out of hand.

On my commute to work, I can pick out the drivers who are looking at their email from a mile a way.....if you didn't know any better, you would think the bars close at 6:30 am rather than 2:00 am.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Time to get yourself a thick @ss rear bumper replacement :D

·
Registered
612 Posts
Glad you were in the vehicle you were in...
I was rear ended by a moron in a jeep cherokee who told the officer that after he had lifted it, he would have a wobble and lose control at 65-70 mph. I was in a one ton truck, saved my arse.

These trucks protect us in the most dangerous environment we live in,,,,

·
Registered
264 Posts
Don't forget to get the diminished value from his insurance. A wreck truck is worth less and his insurance should pay you the differance. Glad your ok

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Don't forget to get the diminished value from his insurance. A wreck truck is worth less and his insurance should pay you the differance. Glad your ok
depends on your policy. mine pays full amount i payed for 3 years no matter what. no depreciation.

glad your ok. , lucky you were in a solid truck

·
Registered
264 Posts
depends on your policy. mine pays full amount i payed for 3 years no matter what. no depreciation.

glad your ok. , lucky you were in a solid truck
Should have nothing to do with your policy the wreck was the others person fault, I've personally been through this twice and have been paid of course you have got to bring it up because they sure wont. Its worth a try

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
Sad to hear. Glad you are ok. Looks like a whole new bed, bumper and possible some frame straightening. Don't let his insurance dick you around, demand compensation for the diminished value.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Spoke with his Insurance Agent today, the body shop at the Ford Dealership where I bought the truck is one of their preferred body shops, so I was told to just take it there and they'll handle it all then bill the Insurance Company. When I get there I'm going to tell the guy that I want all new ford parts, not run of the mill crappy aftermarket parts. My truck is Tuxedo Black too, last I knew that color had been discontinued due to the Tsunami in Japan... we'll see what happens there

·
Registered
424 Posts
Spoke with his Insurance Agent today, the body shop at the Ford Dealership where I bought the truck is one of their preferred body shops, so I was told to just take it there and they'll handle it all then bill the Insurance Company. When I get there I'm going to tell the guy that I want all new ford parts, not run of the mill crappy aftermarket parts. My truck is Tuxedo Black too, last I knew that color had been discontinued due to the Tsunami in Japan... we'll see what happens there
First off. Glad your ok. And as for the tuxedo black. I'm looking into getting fender flares painted ( my truck is tuxedo black) and found a ford body shop that said they can match the tuxedo black paint no problem. So good luck with it brother

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I will have to look into that Diminished Value thing. The guy who hit me goes through the same Insurance as I do, so I'll start by calling my agent and seeing what she says, and then possibly calling a Lawyer to figure everything out from there.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
any paint shop can match the paint. i mean ANY!! even NAPA. its just cheaper from japan and at the scale they buy it in it cuts into the bottom line if they get it produced here. you can go to a NAPA and get rattle cans of tuxedo black made up for you and paint your flares yourself

·
Registered
612 Posts
...I think the way it works is...the adjuster is the man who writes the repair estimate, then typically the repair shop supplements for additional damage if found. The agent usually is the 'person' that 'sells' you the policy, they can assist. The adjuster usually has higher draft authority than the agent and will 'make the call'. Meeting and discussing the repairs with the adjuster will also be the best way to understand exactly what the 'policy' (contract) that was sold to you covers. If he/she communicates policy info to you that does not seem correct, or you do not understand, request he put the information in a letter to you. Good Luck.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Finally got my truck back today.. Have to wait 30 days for the paint to cure before they can re-apply the paint protection/undercarriage protection to the areas that were damaged. I found a few spots once I got to looking at it where the paint hadn't been buffed out right, and where I was not pleased with the quality of the work, the guy at the dealership collision center assured me it would be taken care of when I brought it back for the paint protection. All in All, I'm just happy to have my truck back!
I am however still waiting to hear back about the Diminished Value deal.. no one seems to have any answers for me

1 - 19 of 19 Posts