Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased the truck it's two weeks... And it seems the guy lied to me as there is prestone in the cooler even though it was clean when I purchased the truck...

Anyways I finally got my tuner back from my friend and here are some temps .... My truck is running at 14 degrees and more for EoT vs Ect I have pics at different times of the drive
this was just idling for 15 mins or so

This was after 20 mins of driving

This is after 30 mins of driving and I've returned back in my driveway...

I know the temps are horrible but I'm hoping it is just the oil cooler ... Any opinions if it can be worse like the heads

Attachments

·
Registered
611 Posts
The oil cooler. Flush the system before removing and use an elc coolant when done. A coolant filter is not a bad idea.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The oil cooler. Flush the system before removing and use an elc coolant when done. A coolant filter is not a bad idea.
Why an ELC coolant over the original ford gold? And I assume to flush I use dish washer soap that doesn't create suds Orbis there a speacial product

·
Registered
611 Posts
Why an ELC coolant over the original ford gold? And I assume to flush I use dish washer soap that doesn't create suds Orbis there a speacial product
The Ford gold is the #1 reason for the oil cooler to clog. There's just to much heat for silicone antifreeze.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've never seen it in a barrel, but yeah
I'll do some more reading on it, my truck is going in Wednesday so I am excited 😊 I also have another post about my horn issue... Still haven't found a solution if you know more it would be great help, please check my profile for the numerous problems I have with my truck😂

1 - 9 of 9 Posts