Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Its intercooled!!

3K views 22 replies 12 participants last post by  kylev90 
#1 ·
Me and a buddy went to work on installing a intercooler on my truck. Wasnt hard, Was quite fun todo. It went together rather nice.... Having the proper tubes and premade intercooler mounts made it go very smooth.

Well heres some pics..
I was going to take abunch of pictures but fergot that I had the camera:doh:

And thats all the pictures I took, Looks good thru the grill, Ill take some more tomarrow and underhood shots.

See less See more
#2 ·
Nice. what pipes did you end up using?

#5 ·
Hypermax.... They Fit awesome!

Dallas, looks great! Can't wait to see the rest.

Not to get off the subject, but I like your tire / wheel combo, looks like pretty tall tires w/o sticking out too much. What wheel width and tire size do you have?
Thanks, there BFG 295/75/16 mounted on american racing 16" 'Nitro' rims which are 8" wide if i remeber correctly.

#7 ·
LOL whats the holdup on yours.

#9 · (Edited)
Heres a pic of the intercooler thru the grill. I like it!

Tested the intercooler, towed a 20' bertram on a tandem axle trailer with no problems, even did a 10 minute 8% grade which made me limit my speed to 110km/h because egts were at 1200... Pritty good for a generic TS 6 position chip on stock settings with stage 3s and stock turbo. And didnt have the water/meth working for the tow too!

A sharp eye will also noticed I swapped tires... Needed good tread to pull the boat out of the ramp.

#11 ·
I made them.
The top 2 are made from 1/4 thick steel. that are 2" by 3" with two 3/8" holes for bolting the bracket to the body and bracket to intercooler.

bottom ones are 1 square tubing 6" long, there placed right on the frame, where you can bolt them or weld them on. And yes if there welded on you can still remove the intercooler.

Ill try and get some pics of them.

#13 ·
Little more power on the top end. Milage went up a tad too.

#14 ·
Of course it was easy with pre-fit pipes:hehe: Looks good man.

#18 ·
He is on the stock 15* HPOP:nod::thumb:

#20 ·
I know what your saying:nod: He IS on stock hpop, fuel system, and turbo.

#22 ·
I would love to see, and Im sure he would too. I dont wanna do all the talking for him, but I think he is working on a diy electric fuel system and maybe an HPOP IIRC. Those injectors could do north of 500:thumb:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.