Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my truck is getting fixed! :thumb:
8 thousand in body work and possibly another 4 thousand in frame work. thank god for insurance! almost everyone that looked at it thought it would be totaled... guess not.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Hmm that should just buff right out.

·
Premium Member
8,515 Posts
That is good news. Just make sure they get the work done right and use the RIGHT parts! Don't let them short-change you !

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
its through a good body shop and we have awesome insurance, theyre fixing every little ding and dent. its supposed to come out of the shop looking brand new in a month

·
Registered
195 Posts
Yup...that'll rub out..never know it was there... Good Luck on the repairs..Hope they are using OE parts and not crappy aftermarket..

·
Registered
804 Posts
:hehe: good luck with the repairs

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
I hope they put a whole new bed on that thing, rather than fix that one. 2 new doors... but I'd be worried about the cab/body in that area. As for the frame.. can't see it from my house. Good luck with it. I also agree... OEM parts only.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
my truck is getting fixed! :thumb:
8 thousand in body work and possibly another 4 thousand in frame work. thank god for insurance! almost everyone that looked at it thought it would be totaled... guess not.
I take it the train won. :hehe: Glad you're okay bud.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes, theyr'e a dealership's body shop, all OEM parts.
I dont think theyr'e going to try to fix anything, i think it's all just getting replaced. My dad wont let it leave the shop unless it's 100% perfect.
Whats the verdic on the speed limit sign?
I had to take it back, they contacted the county road dep. and they put a new one in. the day after the wreck we went down the road and fixed the fence, and insurance paid the rancher for the costs of the damages

·
Rebel
657 Posts
If there using all OEM parts. After they do a total bill on your truck with parts and labor. I don't no why they would fix it. The truck needs a New frame. A cab section replaced. Or new cab. New bed. 2 Doors, Fender, Mirror, Door Handles, New front bumper, And whatever else i can't see plus paint. I don't understand why they would fix it? I wrecked a 2006 Escalade EXT that costs a lot and had 20k miles on it. I got hit in drives fender sent under and semi with front end. They totaled it no questions asked. And I could have fixed it for 12k no problem. Just my 02:thumb:

·
4,488 Posts
I have to agree with Powerstroken03 on this one, your insurance company did some dreadful miscalculations.
With the diesel truck market being what it is they could easily replace that truck with a nicer one and still save some money.
Whats the insurance company/body shop connection?
Could be some funny bussiness coing on there.

·
Premium Member
31,729 Posts
If there using all OEM parts. After they do a total bill on your truck with parts and labor. I don't no why they would fix it. The truck needs a New frame. A cab section replaced. Or new cab. New bed. 2 Doors, Fender, Mirror, Door Handles, New front bumper, And whatever else i can't see plus paint. I don't understand why they would fix it? I wrecked a 2006 Escalade EXT that costs a lot and had 20k miles on it. I got hit in drives fender sent under and semi with front end. They totaled it no questions asked. And I could have fixed it for 12k no problem. Just my 02:thumb:
I have to agree with Powerstroken03 on this one, your insurance company did some dreadful miscalculations.
With the diesel truck market being what it is they could easily replace that truck with a nicer one and still save some money.
Whats the insurance company/body shop connection?
Could be some funny bussiness coing on there.

I tend to agree with these two. You have very similar damage to what was done to my old one about a month ago. They totalled it no questions about it

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
I'd have them replace the truck, cut you a check for it, and buy it back, have someone else do the work, and walk away with some loot. But I'm cheap, and always looking to make out in the deal.

·
Registered
553 Posts
thats good news man. but hope your done trying to play tag :punish2:with the trees thought. mainly sence it won the last and only round..:hehe::hehe:

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
man..I would have of pushed for a total

12k is close to 1/2 the value of the truck..

it will never be the same.

good luck.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts