Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here it is. The total of all my efforts over the past few weeks. MY GOD WHAT A PITA!! But here it is, sorry for the cell phone pics.

What do y'all think??

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
why was it such a pita to do? and what are you doing to cover that piece up top there

looks neat

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
why was it such a pita to do? and what are you doing to cover that piece up top there

looks neat
Building a frame was the most painstaking part, getting the two sides to conform to the hump in the floor wasn't fun. That and it was my first time working with fiberglass, and I didn't really enjoy that. As for the top I'm just going to drop a flat piece in there with cutouts for the guages. Then on either side I'm going to stretch some material and then resin it and paint it.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
:hehe: gotcha, see me i enjoy doing some fiberglass. i think its fun making something different. its deff unique and different so thats cool IMO. and for putting the gauges in there, thats going to look sharp.

whenever i wrap something in fiberglass i actually use a fleece blanket and cut it and wrap it, then i start to resin it, turns out great and is a cheap way to doing it. i never had anything crack or anything like that. real strong.

+1 for being original :thumb:

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:hehe: gotcha, see me i enjoy doing some fiberglass. i think its fun making something different. its deff unique and different so thats cool IMO. and for putting the gauges in there, thats going to look sharp.

whenever i wrap something in fiberglass i actually use a fleece blanket and cut it and wrap it, then i start to resin it, turns out great and is a cheap way to doing it. i never had anything crack or anything like that. real strong.

+1 for being original :thumb:
Thanks!

I think it was a little ambitious of me to try and do something like this with no experience with fiberglass. It turned out VERY lumpy, and the matting was definately NOT the way to go. But at least I'm good with Bondo! I put that on there to smooth everything out. the face plates were a little rough to cut cause it's a cabinetry end board and it's like 1/8" laminate so it wanted to crack and peel, but it was the only thin piece with a nice grain that I could find.

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
Looks good:thumb:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts