Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Vendor
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just and FYI, my website and email are currently down. It looks like I've had a server hardware failure, and of course it had to happen while I was all the way across the country!

I'm working to try to get it fixed ASAP, but anyone that has worked in IT knows that these things can sometimes take longer than expected. Just wanted to let people know in case anyone posts messages wondering if we're out of business or something.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Dennis,

Sorry to here that. I was wondering why I couldn't get on your site.

Have a good trip.

·
Registered
521 Posts
What about me. I didn't get nothing. Where's the love?

couple of day's.... NOOOOOOOO

·
Registered
521 Posts
It's that Murphy's Law. Any time you go on vacation something at home will get screwed up by Dan............

No Just kidding. Dennis Have a safe trip. Some bad weather going through your area.

And just think your missing 107* today.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I was getting worried until I saw this. I bought something from you and then I couldn't load the page so I didn't know what was going on and I just looked in paypal and you hadn't recieved the money. Now I see your on vacation so no problem just reassured me, have a good vacation.

·
Vendor
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I somehow doubt that Dan could have caused a hardware failure...but you can blame him if you want.

We had a great day today, but it's hard to get this out of my mind. Recovering this server has me nervous, wish me luck!

·
Stupidity pisses me off
3,863 Posts
A.I. scan tool

Just and FYI, my website and email are currently down. It looks like I've had a server hardware failure, and of course it had to happen while I was all the way across the country!

I'm working to try to get it fixed ASAP, but anyone that has worked in IT knows that these things can sometimes take longer than expected. Just wanted to let people know in case anyone posts messages wondering if we're out of business or something.
I just bought the A.I. scan tool with the total ford bundle from you about a month ago. I haven't installed it yet because I think I'm going to buy a MACBOOK. Do you have one that is MAC compatable?
Thanks,
Adrian

·
Registered
719 Posts
sevenmalards,

I'm using a macbook too and if it is only window's compliant, down the free bootcamp program from apple.com and then you can run windows on Mac. I had to do this last semester cause I had to use some programs for school that weren't compatible for Mac.

There's even other programs where you can run Window as a parallel with Mac going on at the same time...If you need help, PM for details.

·
Stupidity pisses me off
3,863 Posts
sevenmalards,

I'm using a macbook too and if it is only window's compliant, down the free bootcamp program from apple.com and then you can run windows on Mac. I had to do this last semester cause I had to use some programs for school that weren't compatible for Mac.

There's even other programs where you can run Window as a parallel with Mac going on at the same time...If you need help, PM for details.
How do you like the Mac? I've never used it before, but hear it is a far superior operating system.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Sent ya a pm bud.

·
Vendor
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just a quick update. I've gotten the server to power up and I've been able to extract all of the email messages and orders that were there before it crashed. I'll get working on that stuff first thing next week. If you placed an order online and made it all the way through the payment steps and got the "confirmation" page, I've got the order (at least as far as I can tell).

This PHYSICAL SERVER won't be coming back up "online" EVER! I've copied all of the data files and databases to a backup drive and I'll be working with my provider to put all of that information onto a much more modern and redundant platform. The website(s) that are currently down as well as my email probably won't be up until sometime early to mid next week depending on how difficult things decide to be. Moving from one box to another isn't always fun...wish me luck!

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
good luck with the repairs. hope all goes well. unfortunately I waited till you went on vacation to finally place my order, it's funny how dates can sneek up like that. can't wait to see some boxes sittin' on my front porch when I get home. thanks for the updates

·
Premium Member
19,112 Posts
Good luck, Dennis. While I know you have it well in hand, give me a call if you want a hand.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts