Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

New here and hope to get some help.

I have a 2002 F350SD Crewcab Longbed with 7.3 PowerStroke.
I love this thing, and it hasn't given me a bit of trouble til now.

The other day I was going down the road and the engine just POOF went to idle. I could floor the pedal and NOTHING !! Snooping around, I found a 10amp fuse blown. Replaced it and instantly had my accelerator pedal and revs back. Well it did it again, but this time the fuse IS NOT BAD !! What's the deal here? I am aware that the pedal just tells the puter where my foot is but that's about all I know about it. They want a small fortune to tow this thing and God only knows what they'll charge me to fix it.

I have stuff to haul and a trailer to pull so I have to get the rig running.

Any help will be appreciated.

smitty59

·
Premium Member
31,729 Posts
Sounds like the pedal assy is shot. IIRC its about $120 at the dealer

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! Are you sure that's it?
Also, what is IIRC ?
Is it a part I can remove and install myself in the driveway?

·
Premium Member
31,729 Posts
IIRC is if i remember correctly. Easy to change out at home, Just unplug it and unbolt it at home

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I forgot to put this in my original post,

NOTHING works in the instrument panel! No gages, no indicators light up. Still the same thing ? Or do I have bigger troubles?

·
Premium Member
31,729 Posts
thats a bigger problem. have you checked all your fuses. specifically the one for the PCM

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
All my fuses are good. The pedal and the instrument panel went at the same time, both times. All other accesories work still. The truck will start, but only idle.
PCM ?..remember, I'm a dummy ! I'm looking for the darn manual, the legend for the fuse panel is in there.....RATS !

·
Let's go B's!!!!
6,020 Posts
Hi guys,

New here and hope to get some help.

I have a 2002 F350SD Crewcab Longbed with 7.3 PowerStroke.
I love this thing, and it hasn't given me a bit of trouble til now.

The other day I was going down the road and the engine just POOF went to idle. I could floor the pedal and NOTHING !! Snooping around, I found a 10amp fuse blown. Replaced it and instantly had my accelerator pedal and revs back. Well it did it again, but this time the fuse IS NOT BAD !! What's the deal here? I am aware that the pedal just tells the puter where my foot is but that's about all I know about it. They want a small fortune to tow this thing and God only knows what they'll charge me to fix it.

I have stuff to haul and a trailer to pull so I have to get the rig running.

Any help will be appreciated.

smitty59
Did you ever get it running right?

Also what was the 10A fuse that blew for?

what is IIrc....I am broken down in chocho now with the exact problem!
As for this post, I cannot tell if you are joking or not.

IIRC is an acronym for "If I Recall Correctly" it is not a part.

The part Dave was referencing was the pedal Assembly.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No, the truck is not running yet. I haven't found my manual yet either to find out what the fuse is for. I still need some more help if it's available here before I give up up on trying to fix it myself and save some $$$$ on having a mechanic work on it and pay for a tow as well.
It looks to me this site may be more for tricking out and modding up trucks that run more than a fix it site.
Hopefully someone with repair experience will see my post, or perhaps someone will alert someone who does soon.

Just to recap: 2002 7.3 Powerstroke; starts and idles; accelerator pedal does nothing; all indicator lights and gages on instrument panel are dead; NO fuses blown; all other accessories work.

Still stranded in the driveway.........

smitty59

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Did you ever get it running right?

Also what was the 10A fuse that blew for?

As for this post, I cannot tell if you are joking or not.

IIRC is an acronym for "If I Recall Correctly" it is not a part.

The part Dave was referencing was the pedal Assembly.
lol:hehe::hehe:

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Hope you get it running man! heres a bump bump bump

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
It's your overdrive switch. grounding out I just told a guy how to fix this yesterday. go trough yesterdays posts and tou will see it very easy fix.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
welcome new smitty

·
Let's go B's!!!!
6,020 Posts
Ok, here is a link to the thread Dusty was talking about. I read it and it seems like this may be your problem. Check again for any blown fuses...

http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/99...ems/51165-keep-blowing-fuse-when-i-shift.html

As far as this site goes, give us another chance. There is a lot of knowledgable guys here that will help you get your truck running again. This site is not only for modding info. Maybe the right person just hasn't seen your thread yet. I would check out the above link as a start.

AS far as the manual goes...Post up here the best you can what fuse it is, I can check my manual for you and let you know what mine says.

Good Luck

1 - 17 of 17 Posts