Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A few weeks ago I posted a thread about fitting 37x12.50R16s with a 2.5" leveling kit, an added 2" block to the stock block (4.5" total) in the rear, and cut out fenders on a 2000, PSD. The response was mixed... some say no way and some said they didn't know and FEW said YES, IT WILL WORK. The only thing I'm slightly worried about is the wheel back spacing and rubbing the front leaf springs while turning. I was just wondering if there is anymore input yall might have that might help me in my tire adventure??? :crazy: I'm pretty darn confident with all my experimenting but I love to get all the feedback from everyone here cause I always get new Ideas!

Some say it can't be done...... what do you think?????

·
Banned
3,445 Posts
OK...here we go...first off...DO NOT PUT BLOCKS IN THE FRONT!!!!!!!!

Here's what I know,... I know there are differences between 99-04,...and my 05.

I know you will fit 37's with Bushwacker Cut-outs,....especially if your gonna put 2"s on it.....but your back spacing is what you''l need to figure out,...to keep the tires from rubbing the springs.

Here's my truck....NO LIFT (completely stock) , Bushwacker Cut-outs, 20 x 10 Mojave wheels...on 36" Iroks

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
Service writer at Ford had an 02 F250 4X4 that had a leveling kit and 37X12.5R16. I think you can pull it off if you use the stock wheels or a wheel with the same specs. Rubbing the leafs isn't a big issue. My dad and brothers trucks have been rubbing for 60K miles and no issues. My sisters 06 F250 has a leveling kit with 37X12.5XR20 BFG all terrain's on procomp wheels and it doesn't have any issues.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, I'm not putting blocks in the front the leaf pack is in the front and the block is in the rear!!! I appoligize. I wasn't clear about that in the first thread but I fixed it. My bad.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:bump::bump:

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'd be interested to see it done. I have 35s with a leveling kit now and they will rub the plastic wheel well a little if the suspension compresses in a turn. I would think with trimming that part 37s would fit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts