Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Powered By Dinosaur poop
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so installed some HID headlights on my 02 F250 as I live in Alaska and suffer from poor night vision. After installing the headlights I noticed when I am driving and turn the lights on my cluster goes into reset mode where all the needles sweep then it returns to normal. I have checked all connections to ensure there are no shorts (its a plug and play system).. just trying to figure out if maybe a resister is needed or something.

Thanks

·
Registered
502 Posts
HID's and these year trucks dont get along... Look on ebay for some Ferrite beads. Do you have a tuner on the truck?

·
Premium Member
8,483 Posts
Nothing to worry about,, perfectly normal for our system to react that way to the RF spike generated by the HIDs ballast. Just drive ;)

·