Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
04 F-350 with Bulletproofed 6.0

I installed the Blue Spring kit from sinister just as a preventative upgrade. I don't have a fuel pressure gauge so I don't have any data on performance before and after the install. After the install I've developed a heavy bucking when accelerating at highway speeds (around 50-60mph) and it sometimes idles rough, like it may cut out on me while I'm sitting at a red light.

It definitely feels like the fuel/air ratio is now off, and it's really apparent when I'm trying to pull a lot of fuel at highway speeds. Isn't this exactly what the blue spring is supposed to prevent (on top if injector damage, etc...)? Should I just give up and just put the OEM set-up back on and cut my losses? Could my tune (stock performance tune from and SCT x3) be throwing it out of whack?

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Sounds like a parts or installation problem. Pull it apart and see what went wrong. There are parts in the kit that do not need to be installed in all years.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I should have mentioned that I already tore it down and “reinstalled” it to verify that the installation was done properly. I matched part for part and, like you mentioned, had two o-rings not needed for the install on my 04

·
Premium Member
11,841 Posts
I'd get a fuel pressure gauge so you can either rule out the blue spring installation and start looking for the real problem or verify that it is a fuel pressure problem and figure out why. Since the fuel pressure is (I'm assuming) the last thing you effected, that would be the logical course of action, IMO.

EDIT: My fellow Grammar Nazi's, is that the correct usage of "effected"? I had a beer or eight and I'm not really qualified to score my own work at this point.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Affected

"Effected means to actually do something, to execute, produce or bring about something. It's an action word of actually doing something, i.e. "He effected a reorganization of the finance department." Affected is used to describe something being impacted."

·
Premium Member
11,841 Posts
Affected

"Effected means to actually do something, to execute, produce or bring about something. It's an action word of actually doing something, i.e. "He effected a reorganization of the finance department." Affected is used to describe something being impacted."
Yeah, I could see it being read either way and I probably should have just re-worded it altogether. I argued with myself over which one to use and then just decided to let he group decide. LOL

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A or E, either way it's a vowel (those are vowels, right?). Any recommendations on a fuel pressure gauge set-up? I don't want to get one of the $$$ billet doo-dads from sinister if there's a more economical option. Although I guess economical went out the window when I decided to daily drive a PSD

·
Love all, Trust a Few...
4,893 Posts
Since this is an 04 did you change the black plastic piece AND its oring? Very important.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah I replaced both pieces, it was a direct one-for-one with the new kit. Out of curiosity, why is that important specifically for 04’s

·
Banned
147 Posts
Maybe map sensor unplugged or sucking air from a hose that didn't get put back on all the way or a clamp got over looked. One of the orings could have a small cut sucking air.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts