Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this the new stc fitting or the old. I believe it is the new version but I just want to make sure before I start putting this truck back together.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Thats new version I believe. The old ones were two piece and that looks like one piece

·
Premium Member
6,293 Posts
No. The 2005, 2006 and 2007 trucks have the dreaded STC fitting.
The picture above shows that the STC fitting has been previously replaced.

In other words, there is no such thing as an improved stc fitting. This part completely replaces that fitting.

·
Premium Member
6,293 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,293 Posts
So you only need two stand pipes and two dummy plugs to replace both sides?
Yep.

Is that a stress crack in the fitting or is that just a piece of fiber or something?
It looks like a short oily hair to me. But that would certainly warrant further investigation once cleaned up.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Standpipes and dummy plugs. That way you would have the weakest links in the high pressure oiling system covered.
Oil cooler replacement, I will assume your doing this anyway.
EGR cooler: delete or keep, but replace. A given if you are doing the oil cooler.
Turbo oil drain tube and supply line. (if your truck is an 03-04 or 05, you won't need the new drain because you already have it)
Updated fuel pressure regulator spring.
NYC F-350,

Does a 2007 (Engine mfgd. in 2006) need the updated turbo lines? I wasn't clear on what you meant in the above post about them.

Thanks,

Steve

·
Premium Member
6,293 Posts
Your 07 will have the updated turbo oil drain tube.

I do not think that it has the updated turbo oil supply line.
The new style is a solid line from the oil cooler cover all the way to the top of the turbo. The older style has a flexible stainless steel joint in it. If you see a solid line (which I doubt you will) you have the new style supply line.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Thanks,

I'll Look

Steve

·
Registered
145 Posts
My 07 has the updated turbo feed line it has a 06 engine

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
192 Posts
Well I looked at my turbo supply line and it appears to be the updated one. Does anyone know where the 'flexible' section is in the old one?

Steve

·
Premium Member
6,293 Posts
The flexible section of the turbo oil supply line is about 2 inches up from the oil cooler cover on the line and the flex section is about 3 inches or so long (from memory, so please don't bother measuring it).

·
Registered
192 Posts
Well that is great news. I apparently have the new tube. Thats one less thing I have to worry about changing. Thanks a bunch for the info.

Steve

·
Registered
90 Posts
My 06 has the updated solid feed line, should I assume it also has the updated drain line?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts