Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
today after work i pulled down in the yard to spray of the truck. just for kicks i put it in 4 wheel low. gave it some go pedal and it just spun the back tires like i was stuck. the vacuum hoses are bad and i did not manually lock the hubs. i have had this truck a few months and still getting the bugs worked out. i don't think the hubs are any good because when i do lock them i don't get any power to them. the front drive shaft does turn. the truck is 2001 srw f350 ccsb. any ideas is greatly appreciated. oh yea, 180000 miles

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
Well, I know u can lock the hub and with your hand try spinning the u-joint on the axle. If the hub locks u wont be able to spin it.

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
What do you mean by the front drive shaft turns? Does it turn in 4x4 or does it spin freely in 4x4 when you are parked?

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well put one in the dumb arse column. i forgot that 4 low puts in a lower gear, that and the wet grass and gravel i guess it would spin alot. the drive shaft turns while in four wheel drive, just not getting power to the front wheels

1 - 4 of 4 Posts