Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry for the ignorance but this is the first time I have removed an injector from a 6.0, is this all I need to send to be rebuild?
The reason I asked is because I have hear people talking about injector cups and I'm not sure if that needs to be replaced too.

Also, does the tip of the injector looks right, it's king of rough to the touch.

I'm not sure if I'll send all 4 injectors from the passenger side of just the number 3 cylinder as that's the one that seems to be bad (got a code P0269 for cyl 3 contribution issue), but while I'm working there, is there something else I should replace or upgrade?

I already upgraded the stand pipes and dummy plug probably like 20k miles ago or like 3 years ago, do they need to be replaced again?

Thanks for any help.

Attachments

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Is there any advantage or disadvantage when sending my own injectors for a rebuild or is it better to just get them already rebuilt?

Who do you guys recommend for reman injectors and how much should I expect to pay?

I was told alliance is the once Ford use to rebuild them, is that true?

·
Premium Member
11,685 Posts
Injectors Direct is a good option, I think @[email protected] has them too. If it were me, going back with a stock injector, I'd only use a Ford Reman or a brand new Alliant injector. They cost a little more, but I've rarely heard of bad experiences with either.

Reactions: john galt

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Injectors Direct is a good option, I think @[email protected] has them too. If it were me, going back with a stock injector, I'd only use a Ford Reman or a brand new Alliant injector. They cost a little more, but I've rarely heard of bad experiences with either.
Thanks for replying, I've been looking for new injectors and haven't been able to find them, where do I find new injectors from alliance, would like to check the cost.

I was just looking at injectors direct but didn't know about their reputation.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nevermind, I found brand new sets, they are about $55 more per injector, wonder if it's worth the extra cost?

Reactions: john galt

·
california deplorable
10,625 Posts
Nevermind, I found brand new sets, they are about $55 more per injector, wonder if it's worth the extra cost?
from what i have heard...yes... they are effectively brand new injectors which is hard to beat.
and i dont think i have heard anyone have a failure with one unlike about every other injector out there

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm thinking of replacing all 4 from the passenger side but I'm having a hard time replacing them since they only have 88k miles in them but cyl 3 is the one throwing a code. Whatever I do I think I'm going with new ones, I'm looking for the best price right now.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Any time I've ever debating a question like that (do I fix just the busted item, or all associated items while I'm there), I always answer it with a 2nd question:

Am I willing to put this all together, and go back into it again in a month or so? If the answer to that is 'no', then I do the additional work immediately. If the answer is 'yes', then I just fix whatever's in front of me :)

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Any time I've ever debating a question like that (do I fix just the busted item, or all associated items while I'm there), I always answer it with a 2nd question:

Am I willing to put this all together, and go back into it again in a month or so? If the answer to that is 'no', then I do the additional work immediately. If the answer is 'yes', then I just fix whatever's in front of me :)
That's what I'm thinking, It is just that I don't want to spend the extra money right now but at the same time I don't want to do it again plus we are thinking of going on vacation for thanksgiving with our 5th wheel, so most likely I'll replace all 4.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Premium Member
2,192 Posts

Right up there ^^^^^^^ is some very sound advice! I went down that very road. Replaced one injector, another in about a month and when the 3rd went down a month or so after that I replaced all of the remaining old injectors. No problems since. Oh, and I went with Ford remans.

k

1 - 12 of 12 Posts