Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Desert Shield/Storm Vet
9,092 Posts
I would look it over really good. It looks like they had salt or a salt sand mix in the bed as that looks like a spreader box. If they did I would be really leary as the bed and frame might be well on its way to rotting out! Michigan winters are bad enough without adding more to the mix:thumb:

·
Banned
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its a dump box i know that for sure. i worked for landscapeing company for a while and the spreaders are normally mounted normally right in the middle. how do the 7.3s respond to chips, and performance parts, if they have alot of problems then i dont think i want it

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
I would think it has been used WELL with the plow and spreader in the bed!

·
Banned
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea im a little worried about the front end. fords ball joint problems make me nervous.

·
Banned
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
suposta talk to the guy today he called lastnite. no tailgate, seats recline lever is not working. cloth seats, its a work truck. but suposidly runs great

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
it looks like a headache to me but i might be getting old and lazy i just dont like having to do a bunch of work to something to get nothing out of it i would have to see it before i bought it

·
Banned
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well it looks like he may trade me my 76 high boy and my 94bronco. both need some work. but id use it as a work truck / dd

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
well i would rather have the psd than those two sounds like no to bad of deal now

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
i would be a little worried for the reason if workers have drove it it has had no respect show 2 it.... prolly has hours and hours of idle time on them cold night.... and idlein around parking lots spreading salt prolly has major rust issue and not even extremely cheap... i would deff look into maybe a personal owned truck with maybe even a few more miles before i would that one...imo

·
a truck
13,142 Posts
I would be a little worried about that truck it just looks like a lot of problems could arise with it in the new future, as far as the 7.3 and responding to chips and eveything it is awesome and the engine is very strong. The body though and everything else just doesnt look like it is going to hold up for long, if thats the one you want though I think you can get them down in price for the shape its in.

·
Banned
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yea im spendin more in gas in my 250 that gets about 8 and my bronco that gets about 5 i think it will offset the cost a little and both them have some. i just cant afford to go buy one right now. only 17. job is up and down since i do landscaping and whatever odd work i can find.

·
Banned
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yea i have been intouch with a employee of his and he said i could barter him down because of some of the things it needs.

I would be a little worried about that truck it just looks like a lot of problems could arise with it in the new future, as far as the 7.3 and responding to chips and eveything it is awesome and the engine is very strong. The body though and everything else just doesnt look like it is going to hold up for long, if thats the one you want though I think you can get them down in price for the shape its in.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
i dunno dude if ur saying u aint got alot of money now wut u gonna do if the tranny, rear end or any thing went out how u gonna mow ur yards then i would stick with wut i got till i could find a nice one

·
a truck
13,142 Posts
Yeah, I mean I bought my truck for 8 grand and it was bone stock, and was two tone purple and white with hubcaps and everything and it had a couple of rust spots. So I had to replace rusted panels and repaint and everything and after I just got it I had to replace o-rings and Ive ended up having to do a lot of other costly maintenence. So all I would say is be careful and know what you are getting yourself into. I really wish now that I would have paid more for a lower mileage truck, but I am only 19 so money was an issue for me to.

·
Banned
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
no i mean i have money and parts for repairs. just not 12 plus grand to put into a good truck. my buddy tows the trailer with his dodge haha. i could cover repairs. and i have a set of axles for it. my dads buddy owns a trans shop. whats the normal expectiancy on a trans in one of these trucks?

·
Banned
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
well my dad is a darn good mechanic. so i wont buy anything until he drives it and looks at it.

·
a truck
13,142 Posts
As far as tranny life it all depends on how the truck was treated, if it was abused a lot such as towing, plowing or just beat on then its probably gonna go out sooner. I had to replace mine at 130,000 and it was used mainly for towing before I bought it so the trans on that truck could go out soon or in 100,000 miles it all depends on how it was treated.

·
Banned
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i gotcha yea that could be a problem.

·
a truck
13,142 Posts
Yeah I mean to be perfectly honest man I would hold off on buying that truck becuase something better will come along. I know from experience how much time and money it takes to get a truck that isnt in great shape into the shape you want. With diesel prices and everything there are a lot more used diesel trucks that will be at lots becuase some people just cant handle the prices and the prices on them will be much better to try and get them off the lots so I would just keep looking for something good.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts