Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 05 6.0 with 113k lifted on 37s. Only aftermarket parts are straight pipe cold air intake and about to install egr delete this weekend. Also has flashpaq economy tune getting 18mpg and will still smoke the 37s. My question is should I really worry about the head gaskets and studs like everyone says. I only use my truck 4 everyday driving. The only towing it does is during the summer taking my 16ft ski boat 2 the lake or maybe pulling my lawn mower around that is it. This is my first diesel and I love it just want to know if I am going to have to constantly sink money in it cause if so the for sale sign is coming out. I have a newborn and don't have time to worry abou my truck tearing up. I stay on top of the maintenance and have never had any problems with it until the egr went out and everyone says that's where I all starts just trying to get the facts not opinions thanks for the help

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
just keep up with the maintenance, monitor the truck properly, and drive it.... some poeple never have problems with the head gaskets

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
^^^ good advise there

·
Registered
388 Posts
I have an '06 with 125k on it. Believe it or not, everything is original and my deltas are ~8.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
Like the other people said, drive it, moiniter it and keep up on the maintenance.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I've got 142k on mine. The original owner kept up with maintenance like clock work from oais and carfax reports. Second owner I have no idea however, he did have it repo'd so I assumed maintenance was not at the top of his list. I have had HPOP, IPR valve and two injectors replaced. However, I knew what I was getting into. I keep an emergency stash just in case it something should happen. It's our daily driver and the worst that has happened was when the IPR went south. Ran fine Sunday night Monday morning no start and bad IPR. I was getting a low injector control pressure code every once in a while probably should have checked to see what was going on before it went out completely. As far as head gaskets if it ain't puking just drive it. Good luck and enjoy your truck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts