Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the Diesel truck market in the toilet and re-sale worse than houses I'm seriously thinking about picking up a bargain 6.0. With the dollars saved I figure I could afford to have the heads repaired right. Is there a fix besides head studs?
My buddy has been making his own bio diesel for some time now at about 72 cents a gallon and would increase production if I bought another diesel. I'm looking at a few Duramaxs but am having a hard time leaving the Blue oval.

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
Head studs is all you need unless you are going to make crazy power like 600 hp then you will want to fire ring the heads. Do the studs and get rid of the egr and you will have a great truck that can haul *SS.

·
Premium Member
9,475 Posts
Yep, stud the heads and block or bypass the EGR system. Those are the 2 big trouble spots with any 6.0L.

and a buddy of mine just picked up an 04 CC/SB/4x4 XLT with 106k on the clock for $17,500 about a month ago off a dealer lot locally. Nice price!

·
Premium Member
9,475 Posts
No, he's wants custom tunes. It would cost him another $100-150 for unlimited tuning from a tuner if he bought yours with just the canned tunes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts