Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2003 F250 Super Duty King Ranch 6.0
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2003 split year, I think September, F250 6.0 and I’m finding a couple different possible places for the GEM or maybe it’s called the VSM on this year.
I’m thinking that this year is VSM and it’s beneath the dash, to the right of the gas pedal but I’m also finding some videos of 03 excursions with 6.0 and theirs is behind the fuse box.
Initially I was going to pull the fuse box but now I’m thinking it might have been moved to the center of the dash by the gas pedal.
Can anyone weigh in on this to clarify for myself and future people?
Thanks

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I just compared my replacement one with the same part number and year but it only has one tab. No tabs are broken off.
when I compare it to the 2003 from a video, he has 3 tabs. That one is from near the gas pedal.
when I compare it to an earlier year that’s behind the fuse box, that one also has three tabs.
so that didn’t help me figure out where it was.
Bumper Camera accessory Font Electric blue Automotive exterior

Flooring Wood Gas Rectangle Font

Gadget Finger Publication Gas Audio equipment

Automotive tire Font Art Thumb Wood

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is the later split year and it was behind the radio, not easily visible with your head stuffed u see there. Especially with some kind of batting covering the area.
Even though my computer told me the part number for the GEM, it was a different number when I removed it. It is for the 2004+ not the 03 like the computer told me.
Font Screenshot Electric blue Paper product Paper

Gas Font Electrical supply Electronics accessory Computer component

Attachments

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
you have the truck handy it is not that hard to see the one behind the radio if you can pull the fire wall insulation down a bit
I had a back procedure 3 days ago, or 2 days from the time I asked, so if someone was nice enough to point me in the right direction prior to climbing under there, that really would have helped.
That makes sense, right? But I’m sure by just creating this thread and posting my experience that I could point someone in The right direction. Even if no one was able to make a helpful suggestion before I started the project, at least there’s some confirmed information on a split year 2003 f250.
Thanks for your input.

·
Administrator
33,908 Posts
i would not want to contort myself at all getting to the VSM if I even had a backache lol
and all I ever needed from my vsm was the door lock code that is printed on it
and resorted to a snake camera

1 - 7 of 7 Posts