Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Word is custom tuning should be avaliable shortly, at that point, I am sure that the good folks that offer the SCT will be providing higher HP custom tunes....

·
Registered
125 Posts
innovative icomming out with a 550hp they have it done but waiting for the software from sct to support it to come out. maybe another month so what they say

·
Registered
71 Posts
SCT will be releasing a new update in a couple of weeks to add more power and a fuel economy file. There is a big concern with the EPA at the moment and what that will do to all tunners.

·
Registered
214 Posts
SCT will be releasing a new update in a couple of weeks to add more power and a fuel economy file. There is a big concern with the EPA at the moment and what that will do to all tunners.
I suspect the delay also has something to do w/ SCT not having the "inside" connection they had within FMC until recently. Seems they have issues w/ anything past a job 2 calibration and the necessary custom tuning software is/will be a real beast for the tuning dealer. These 6.4's are not the old "simple" 6.0.:doh:

Stay Tuned
Amp

·
Registered
800 Posts
From what I understand, the tunes are finished and so is the supporting software. It's all ready to go.
It's navigating the EPA and indemnification laws that may apply is what is slowing up the release.

If I were in this business, I would be extremely careful at this point. There aren't millions and millions of tuner companies out there, so it will be extremely easy for litigation to be brought on to the few tuner companies that exist, at any time.
Business first. Careful legal planning and preperation is more crucial and complex than the tunes themselves.

·
Registered
98 Posts
George is right. Early adopters had an easy path, unfortunately more and more attention is being brought to companies making performance upgrades that violate emissions standards.

This, I'm told, is also part of the reason that manufacturers / dealers are hesitant about even "basic" modifications like air intakes and aftermarket exhaust components.

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
WE might soon be seeing the end of any significant mods to our vehicles...Course theres always going to be some stuff...but I feel the average Joe is real close to driving a stock vehicle. This very well could be the last Ford Diesel that the masses will be able to get major power out of easily.

·
Banned
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I agree as big as a pain as the 6.4 have been to tune compared to all previous years its only going to get worse. No body ever mentioned anything about price about sct putting out a new version. any answers!

·
Registered
280 Posts
I have a newer tune SCT put on my truck and i dont know why anyone would want more power than what this already puts out. (relatively stock truck speaking) I dont think SCT leaves too much on the table as it sits. Unless you have different turbos, injectors, etc i dont see what more a custom tune will do. I dont know, i just think this truck is pretty crazy already. The new tune i got is a little more streetable than previous. that is a plus.

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
I have a newer tune SCT put on my truck and i dont know why anyone would want more power than what this already puts out. (relatively stock truck speaking) I dont think SCT leaves too much on the table as it sits. Unless you have different turbos, injectors, etc i dont see what more a custom tune will do. I dont know, i just think this truck is pretty crazy already. The new tune i got is a little more streetable than previous. that is a plus.

I can assure you that the Spartan 210, and most definitely the 250+ has MUCH more UMPH

Not saying one is better than the other...but believe me...theres more to be had than the current canned SCT tunes...theres MUCH more on the table....so to speak.

·
Banned
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ya i hate to bring this up on this forum buy my old 07 duramax with just a straight pipe cold air intake and ppe chip would blow the doors of my new ford. I still like this new ford better but their is still alot left to be desired.

·
Registered
279 Posts
SCT is still far away from custom tuning... there are so many parapeters on these trucks that need to be explored and then need to be made user friendly... plus the EPA is breathing down there neck

I will tell you that another company is building some bad *** tunes...and one of there tunes for me 500 wrhp and 900 ft tq today, I have 38"s and the dyno was corrected so it was accurate as hell...

·
Registered
800 Posts
SCT is still far away from custom tuning... there are so many parapeters on these trucks that need to be explored and then need to be made user friendly... plus the EPA is breathing down there neck
That's not what I hear. Tunes are complete, and so is the software.
So, It sounds like you used someone new?

As far as the EPA breathing down their necks, they don't have to go very far, or spend too much time to find Spartan, Edge, Banks at el..
If one catches the heat, the rest can expect a knock on the door soon.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I have an R/D tune that SCT put on my livewire. It is a more powerful tune than the extreme tune that comes with it. I dont know what the hp level is but it is very healthy!

·
Registered
101 Posts
I'll tell you what horse power you have. I have 32 inch M/T ATZ tires and i pulled on a dyno Uncorrected 488.7 horse and 981.9 torque. With probably the same R/D tune you have. its sick. THe dyno guys said they have never seen so much torque out of a v8 with out putting in some serious money into the motor.

1 - 20 of 149 Posts