Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay... here's the story... I pulled off gravel, and put the hammer down to throw the mud off my tires. There was a definite mechanical snap / crunch sound, and my turbo gauge dropped right off. NADA, nothing. Lost major power, and started blowing blue BIG TIME!! Drove another 50 km's, and never saw a twitch in my oil pressure gauge, or engine temp.

Now... first thought of course was piled up turbo, but, the blue I am blowing is obviously oil, as, my oil level dropped at least 6-8 litres in 50 km's. The question I have is, am I blowing oil through my turbo, or did my turbo go from lack of oil? If so... do I have a pooched cylinder or what? Is it possible that the turbo is screwed and dumping oil directly into the exhaust?

I am working out of town, and losing money by not driving my truck + my job is wrapping up and I want to make it home to my family. The earliest a mechanic can see me is weds. so if it's just the turbo, I'll throw my hat in and try to repair it in the parking lot.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Okay... here's the story... I pulled off gravel, and put the hammer down to throw the mud off my tires. There was a definite mechanical snap / crunch sound, and my turbo gauge dropped right off. NADA, nothing. Lost major power, and started blowing blue BIG TIME!! Drove another 50 km's, and never saw a twitch in my oil pressure gauge, or engine temp.

Now... first thought of course was piled up turbo, but, the blue I am blowing is obviously oil, as, my oil level dropped at least 6-8 litres in 50 km's. The question I have is, am I blowing oil through my turbo, or did my turbo go from lack of oil? If so... do I have a pooched cylinder or what? Is it possible that the turbo is screwed and dumping oil directly into the exhaust?

I am working out of town, and losing money by not driving my truck + my job is wrapping up and I want to make it home to my family. The earliest a mechanic can see me is weds. so if it's just the turbo, I'll throw my hat in and try to repair it in the parking lot.
somthing similar happened to another guy on here he broke a turbo shaft and the oil was running into the exhaust through the broken turbo shaft.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts