Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure this question has been asked more then enough but the search option on the forum is not the best. Since the hot weather hit I noticed that my trans temp going up. Today it was around 93 here in MI and I took the highway home and I was going about 70 all the way home and the the truck was empty, the temp hit 150F. Is this ok? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
yup 150 is fine, mine runs between 120-160. ive heard no worries until over 200, not sure if thats true, just what ive read

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Mine hit 179 on the way to work today. I WAS towing the boat and dropped it at it's storage unit on the way. I'm looking at doing the 6.0 tranny cooler swap....curious just how many degrees it will cool off.

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
Normal... yeah when you stick the 6.0 on there mine wont go over 140...

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
What was your tanny temp BEFORE the 6.0 cooler?

When you say it won't get over 140....are you towing, or just hotroddin it

·
Registered
125 Posts
tranny temp

I just did the 6.0 tranny cooler mod to my truck and it works awsome! There is a complete write up in this forum. I haven't gone over 130.I was up to 200 with stock cooler. I think my stock cooler had become clogged up, maybe? What ever the 6.0 cooler works perfect. check ebay for a good price.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah, well I wonder what it will do towing if its getting that hot unloaded. The 6.0 cooler sounds like a good idea along with the 6.0 intercooler.

thanks for the replies.

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
What was your tanny temp BEFORE the 6.0 cooler?

When you say it won't get over 140....are you towing, or just hotroddin it
going up a mountain pass here I could get the stock one up to 210. This is unloaded with 37's, stock gears, and some hybrid injectors...

It was night and day difference with the 6.0 trans cooler...

·
Registered
47 Posts
you guys have any opinions on hayden coolers?

·
Banned
1,919 Posts
Im sure all these guys are gonna come back after 4 years to reply to your question

1 - 11 of 11 Posts