Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 03 f250 with the 6.0 with deleted egr i was running it on the interstate the other night and my water pump went out and leaked all the water out i never notice it the gauges never showed it ran hott and it died on me. i had a wrecker get me home the next day i tried to crank it and it cranked up once and missed real bad and then died the oil smells burnt and so i was gonna change the oil today to see what was in it there was no shavings at all but when i went to take the oil filter out it got so hott it melted all the plastic pieces in the oil filter housing. could yall tell me if yall think the motor is shot from getting this hott?

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
You're going to want to really investigate this one, but in reading the forums it's my understanding that when the you melt the plastic in the oil filter housing, that's about as bad as it can get for the engine. Like I said, do a lot of searching and I hope that I am wrong. One of the main issues is the plastic got into EVERYTHING and has cooled, it'll be impossible to remove the plastic from the engine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts