Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Thanks for the advice you all gave for my 6.0. Exhaust system and SCT tuner on their way. But I got a question about aftermarket intercoolers.

Are they worth it? I use my 6.0 for towing material and equipment long distances. On the low side 5 hours 1 way, on the high side 13 hours one way.

Ive read that the stock intercoolers blow out at the end caps. So I'm thinking about taking my stock one out and putting in an aftermarket one. But I wanted to see what you guys have to say.

·
Premium Member
10,800 Posts
If you aren't adding other performance parts down the road save your cash. If you are going to bigger turbo or injectors it should be on the "add" list.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok that stands to reason. I mainly use the truck for work, and right now I'm shooting to make it as reliable and dependable as I can. It has the full Bullet Proof diesel Kit installed, except the head studs because I caught the problem before it put the truck out of commission. I go out on long hauls to "far away lands" and I rather take care of it here at home base rather than out of some jobsite. I really appreciate the input guys.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts