Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My truck has 226k on the clock and my truck is an early 04. My mods are in my sig. Would an aftermarket intake like an aem brute force or banks ram air be a good investment? Ive heard the stock one is great but im interested in upgrading. Thanks

·
Registered
4,341 Posts
WORTH? No I see no worth with my truck and your truck, along with many. The stock air filter is very nice and very high quality.
www.dieselfiltesonline.com
cheap place to get filters^^^^^

for the past 8 years, many efforts to aftermarket air filters and their reviews and effects have let to this.

If I just had to get an aftermarket air filter and did not want hear the word "stock" I would get the S&B.

·
Premium Member
9,154 Posts
IMO, you wouldn't be upgrading. There is no aftermarket CAI that can out filter or even come close to the stock filter. There is also no significant HP gain.

The only gain would be ease of replacing the CAI filter.

If you think you'll be saving money in the long run with the price of stock filters, you might what to reconsider. Without good filtration, over time, you'll end up dusting the turbo. IIRC, the compressor wheel spins somewhere around 30k rpm, the dust particles that get past the filter will make the fins look like they have been sandblasted.

There are those who complain about how it's a P.I.T.A to replace the stock filter, I didn't find it that hard to do.

When I come across a stock unit that's free/cheap, I'm going back to.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts