Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Conservative and Proud
14,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it true that unless your check (service) engine soon light is on, there will be no codes??

·
Super Moderator
31,744 Posts
Tiff you can have codes without the light on. Those are called soft codes. Whats going on with your truck?

·
Conservative and Proud
14,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Scuffy wanted me to take it to the dealer to have them pull codes but the service writer told me there won't be any if the light isn't on and I thought WTF? I said it's pulled a code before and the light wasn't on....:dunno:

·
Super Moderator
31,744 Posts
Service writer was wrong. There can be codes without an SES light

·
Conservative and Proud
14,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Service writer was wrong. There can be codes without an SES light
That is exactly what I thought but the guy was kind of treating me like I was some dumb woman or something.... and said "Well it's your money".:mad:

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
yea he is full of it you can have codes with out the light most codes will set with out the light when something fails for the first time and if it fails again then it will set the light.

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,761 Posts
The SES light is triggered by what are called hard codes. But there maybe what they call soft codes stored in the pcm. These codes will not trigger the ses light.

·
Cynic
11,178 Posts

·
Conservative and Proud
14,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would complain to the dealership. While it *IS* your money, you should let them know that the service writer is wrong and that you will *choose* to spend said money elsewhere.
It's honestly not worth time and I can't stand that dealer anyway, i.e., didn't buy truck from them.

I tried to call Scuff as I left there but he was probably busy... So I'm trying to find out if the diesel perf place out south has the same ability as the Ford dealer.

·
Conservative and Proud
14,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i was on the other line , i tried to call you back a little later , didnt get an answer
It's all good! (new phone didn't show missed call though, not liking this thing at all).

·
Conservative and Proud
14,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok called the Performance place that is out south from me and they said they only charge 1/2 hr shop time rate to check codes (dangit wish ex still worked there, it'd be free) :doh: Anyway, headed there at 9 am Saturday morning to see what they pull.

Also I know they aren't all secretive about crap like the dealer here (not the techs, it's the service writers) where you can't be there when they do it.:thumb:

Gotta figure out something, it'd look pretty stupid to have my truck plugged in all summer.:tard:

·
Viking Heavy Diesel
20,740 Posts
I would complain to the dealership. While it *IS* your money, you should let them know that the service writer is wrong and that you will *choose* to spend said money elsewhere.
My thoughts exactly.

Good luck Tiff!

·
Conservative and Proud
14,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My thoughts exactly.

Good luck Tiff!
I will once I have the codes but the Donefrio's (sp) (owners of only Ford Dealer in Salem) already hate me from my F250 / 460.

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
I am in the area if you need someone to pull some codes for you... AE is worth its wait in Gold...

·
Registered
293 Posts
Banshee34 like your banshee got one to in my gallery to!!

·
Conservative and Proud
14,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I am in the area if you need someone to pull some codes for you... AE is worth its wait in Gold...
Are you near Salem right now???? AE?????

Banshee34 like your banshee got one to in my gallery to!!
Niiiiiiiiiiiice!!!!! :thumb::thumb: Where do you usually ride at??

when i had my truck scanned at aamco, they pulled two engine codes with the one trans code.

and my check engine light was not on.
i had a p0603 and p0344 for the engine
Never thought about Aamco pulling codes.... since they rebuilt my tranny.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Glamis and dumont duns!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts