Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it okay to drive my truck until the headgaskets go, THEN go with ARP and steel head gaskets? How will I know when the gaskets are about to go? If they do blow, will it damage anything or will it be ok as long as I go ahead and change them out?

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
I drove mine until the gaskets went out about a month ago and then put ARPs, it didnt hurt anything. I knew mine were bad because the truck started whistling at me every time i hit the gas. lol

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
head gaskets

Danng, you got an 07' and your blew already. wow. So it made a whistling noise when you hit the throttle huh. Well, Im glad it did not hurt anything. Did you change the studs yourself and what gaskets did you use? Did you do the egr blockoff at the same time?

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Yeah its an 07 but i got 71,000 miles on it already.lol I had ford do it and they put OEM gaskets in. I did the EGR block off during the winter break. Here is a video of the noise it made, its kinda crappy because i did it with my cell phone but you can still hear it kinda.. Im not sure if i did it right.

<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://i144.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid144.photobucket.com/albums/r187/javaf350/BEEP.flv">

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
You kinda have to turn up the volume to hear it..

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
I think mine have been blown for a couple months now, just haven't had time to work on it. It pukes like crazy when I floor it though.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
i just got arp studs put in under warrenty and they blocked my egr valve for me. they charged 700 with arp studs, blockin the egr and my $100 warrenty charge on the powerstroke

·
Registered
786 Posts
Studs are around 500 out the door. To put em in varies, I've heard 3500. Anything less I'd consider decent. If the heads go you have to check the heads for warping, but I don't think driving it like that would cause em to warp really. Just don't hammer it, tow, or let it overheat.

·
Registered
467 Posts
o prices prices prices!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts