Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the vgt vanes stick after egr cooler dumped water into the exhaust and blew HG's. Got all that resolved and cleaned the vgt area. Now I am getting MAX boost what seems to be all the time. The truck has no power and acts as if it is starving for fuel. Also LOTS of turbo fart. I thought before I pulled the damn turbo again I'd check to see if the VGT actuator wasnt stuck. Upon removal, the plunger moves fine and all ports are clean so I put a flashlight down the bore to see the shaft and it looks round. I expected to see a lobe or something.:dunno: That is why I am drawn to ask this question. I tried online to see if I could get a schematic of the center section but no luck. Would love to have a breakdown diagram but at the very least some input. Any comments will be helpful. Also have an oil leak coming from that area that im trying to find. I know there are seals/gaskets on the IPR, ICP, Turbo feed & drain tube, HIPOP, and Oilcooler up top and that is where it seems to be coming from. Am I missing a component in the valley?

Thanks

Mike

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Found the 6.0L Vgt Turbo Guide on another site.:woot: Would love to share it here if it isn't. If it is sorry I missed it. It gives a color cutaway and explanation of the various duty cycles. Cant post link cause I had to register to get to it doubt everyone wants to do that so ill figure out how to upload .pdf for everyone after I pull my turbo and check.

:icon_ford:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts