Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why does it seem that my truck has more power at part and 3/4 throttle versus full throttle? Could this be the tune, or normal or is it just my mind playing tricks on me?

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
heres a bump for ya.

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
I know what you're saying ... kinda. In my situation... it's like turbo-lag then kidney pressing boost, but when it shifts it lets some boost go. The acceleration feels like pure diesel power but with speed it seems less ... umphy, I guess? The gauge will jump like "0,4,10 (shift)9, 11, 13, 16 (shift), 8, 10, 12 (shift), (shift) 8, 12, 13, slow climb to 15. or something like that. I dunno...

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Are you running Extreme race? I kinda noticed this in my Extreme race file, its weird, kinda hard to define it, but seems to "pull" more under part throttle. IDK

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are you running Extreme race? I kinda noticed this in my Extreme race file, its weird, kinda hard to define it, but seems to "pull" more under part throttle. IDK
Nope, I am running the Xtreme Street tune...I am gonna call Eric today. I have other questions too, which I am sure they can answer.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I sometimes feel the same way and I don't even have a programmer.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good news, bad news.....

Good news is, I got an updated Tune file. My truck might not be keeping up with the fueling.

Bad news is, I wont be back home till Friday to try the new tune. :(

I will update though.

·
Registered
613 Posts
my roomates cummins does this also my best guess is at full throttle the air fuel mixture is very lean it takes the turbo a minute to catch up to the amount of fuel.

·
Registered
613 Posts
sorry i meant mixture is very rich.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts