Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if i get a 4 inch system i will only be gaining a half inch. wouldnt 5 inch be better for performance. and you must take into consideration it is only a little more $$$ please comments.???:dunno:

·
Premium Member
9,603 Posts
:ditto:

the biggest thing on OBS's is getting rid of that smashed down pipe for a round one. :thumb:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
but will it sound deeper with 5 inch. because im all about the sound

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
turbo back 5 inch is $734 turbo back 4 inch is $635. these are exact prices from the parts store i work at. lol mark up is so rediculous lol

·
Raging Lunatic
8,803 Posts
turbo back 5 inch is $734 turbo back 4 inch is $635. these are exact prices from the parts store i work at. lol mark up is so rediculous lol
Remember, you will not get a 5" down pipe, 4" max.

·
Registered
888 Posts
if i get a 4 inch system i will only be gaining a half inch. wouldnt 5 inch be better for performance. and you must take into consideration it is only a little more $$$ please comments.???:dunno:
4" is plenty if under 400RWHP

Ya could see little gain over 400RWHP with bigger exhaust :thumb:

·
Registered
888 Posts
I know, I said 4" max.:thumb:
Only if you want to Mod the Floor pan ALOT, and I don't mean just a little cutting either! :Shocked:

It is MAJOR work and not something I would recommend unless you REALLY need it like with a H2E or bigger turbo. :thumb:

The 3" Downpipes would be more than enough for most trucks ;)

·
Raging Lunatic
8,803 Posts
Only if you want to Mod the Floor pan ALOT, and I don't mean just a little cutting either! :Shocked:

It is MAJOR work and not something I would recommend unless you REALLY need it like with a H2E or bigger turbo. :thumb:

The 3" Downpipes would be more than enough for most trucks ;)
OK, you win

·
Registered
221 Posts
dale at tymar has a 3 to 4" downpipe it starts 3" and when it clears the fire wall it goes to 4". If you want to do your exhaust and save money go to a Semi-dealer, and get a stick of 4" or 5" straightpipe and a 45 elbow then just order you a nice chrome tip will save you money. that is what am running

·
Registered
888 Posts
dale at tymar has a 3 to 4" downpipe it starts 3" and when it clears the fire wall it goes to 4". If you want to do your exhaust and save money go to a Semi-dealer, and get a stick of 4" or 5" straightpipe and a 45 elbow then just order you a nice chrome tip will save you money. that is what am running
I believe you are correct, I remember him telling me something about that a few years ago. :thumb:

·
BIG TRUCK, SMALL DRIVER
5,877 Posts
4" is plenty big enough. Check with some of our vendors for a complete exhaust system. You may even come out better than going to a simi shop with the price of metal what it is. The last time I priced a 5" 45* it was just shy of $100. You may be able to get some pieces second hand, like i did. I only have $45 in my exhaust, not counting the $80 muffler.

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
you can find a good 4 inch system for under 400 bucks. 4 inch is plenty. good luck :thumb:

·
Registered
84 Posts
check out moto blue systems, and diomond eye, i put on a diomond eye four inch cat back for 225 bucks off ebay. just shop around. as for five inch, they are morefor looks really, four inch is more then enough

1 - 20 of 21 Posts