Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have done some searching around but cant find anything for IPR R&R. Is there a write up or pics of this on here? Got one on the way with the new HPOP. Anything else I could do too while I have it tore down would be helpful. Thanks!

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
:bump::bump:

·
Premium Member
9,603 Posts
are you replacing the ipr in the old hpop in the truck?

fairly straight forward. I've never used a socket on one (never changed it in the truck) but it is atleast 1" or 1"1/4 deep well socket that you will need. There is a small locking nut on the back of the ipr (9/16's i believe maybe 5/8) take that off and remove the spacer and the magnet (after unplugging) and remove ipr with deep socket.

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
If you plan on cleaning your IPR, and reusing it, I wouldn't do it. Just buy a new one and clean your old one and keep it for a spare. They are too touchy to mess with... and very small parts...

Make sure you dip it in oil before you install it...

·
Premium Member
18,040 Posts
Use a Kolbalt 1 1/8" socket. its long enough to get a ratchet on there even! perfect for that job. bought one specifically for that.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have the pump and the IPR ordered and will be here at the same time. Where Exactly is the IPR located?

·
I need money...
1,592 Posts
I have the pump and the IPR ordered and will be here at the same time. Where Exactly is the IPR located?
As your looking down in your engine bay, just to the right of the fuel bowl and down,you will see your 2 HPO lines off of the pump. A bit below that is your IPR. You should be able to see a gold colored shaft and a small harness that goes to it. It will also have an odd looking nut at the end of it!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts