Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was looking for some insight. Recently had the Ipr remote oil cooler and coolant filter installed on my 04 6.0. After getting my truck back from the shop I realized that the return and inlet hoses coming from the coolant manifold were backward and the hose coming from the filter to the oil cooler was on the outlet in stead of the inlet. I was seeing 20+ degree deltas unloaded while on the interstate before I realized that it was all hooked up backwards. Anywho I corrected the hoses and cleaned the heck out of the coolant filter but I’m still seeing 20+ degree deltas while driving. I’m starting to lean towards the oil cooler being clogged which sucks because it may have 500 miles on it. Anyone else ever went through this? Is there a way to backflush the remote Ipr oil cooler? Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated! TIA!!

·
Registered
4,631 Posts
I don’t have the remore oil cooler, but there’s only four hoses: oil in, oil out, coolant in and coolant out. THe theory would be to drain the coolant, and then With the lower radiator hose removed, spray water through the out Hose, which is circulating water Backwards and knocking junk out. Because of those hoses, access hours be easy.

For my truck, when it had on OEM cooler, the procedure was to remove the cap on the oil cooler where coolant goes into the EGR, and then spray water through it. Not that it will help you out, but this is discussed briefly in the flush procedure in my signature block.

I’m sure if you did this, it would void any warranty the shop who did the work gives. Sometimes between needing the truck working and being upset at a substandard shop, you just need to get the work done yourself.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts