Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, this may be a stupid question but, Got a 7.3 IPR with bad o-rings (had the no start when hot issue). My question is, can I just get some o rings from the local auto parts store and put them on or do they have to come direct from the ford dealer or international? Ive got it apart and would like to get it back together before the weekend is over but obviously if I have to wait on ford to open on Tuesday, that isnt gonna happen. Thanks for any help provided. Also, anyone know the part #'s?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the p/n, guess that's a negative on using orings from the auto parts store.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Thanks for the p/n, guess that's a negative on using orings from the auto parts store.
You could visit some parts store and try matching the old o rings against new ones . I went thru the same thing with the fpr on my last PSD .I went to Advance and explained what I was attempting to accomplish and they were kind enough to let me look thru their assortment of o rings .Unfortunately they did not have what I needed ,but they were helpful nonetheless .
Even a Lowes or Home Depot has assortments of o rings ,It's just a thought and it could get you out of the house for a while too .

·
Registered
3,117 Posts
You need to make sure they are made of Viton and not the more common Buna-N. Cheers!

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, got the o rings from ford just to be safe. Put them on, re assembled truck, wont start now, fuel bowl doesnt appear to be filling up.......any suggestions?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts