Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
81 - 90 of 90 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,054 Posts
^^^ This +1

The biggest advantage is the ability to easily back flush your oil cooler. Also you'll have less heater hose snaking through your engine compartment.

Also there's a few of us who mounted the filter up front like a by-pass set up. The advantage to that is the ability to clean the filter without draining off a gallon or two of coolant. You just need to make a plate and a spacer.
Mine,

@mhatlen did a cleaner install, this is his.

Reactions: G8orFord and ZMANN

·
Premium Member
11,849 Posts
The newer CF2 filter base has built in valves so you can turn off the flow to change/clean the filter. It is a $100 more, but it also has a bypass mode so you could put it in bypass if you were in a tight with a clogged filter and didn't have time to clean it right then. I personally think they should not have designed it with the "Off" position as I can see someone forgetting to change the valves back and really overheating their oil. The bypass mode would have been sufficient for removal of the filter for cleaning or replacement.

Reactions: SparkyF250

·
Premium Member
11,849 Posts
Post all you want. You still want see the pics thanks to Photobucket greed. If you use Chrome you can get an extension that will allow you to see them. It's called Photobucket Hotlink Fix.

Reactions: jp71ss

·
Registered
150 Posts
I just put the IPR gen 3 egr delete kit on my truck. I'm curious as to the back flush procedure with this kit. Anyone care to explain it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
8,054 Posts
I just put the IPR gen 3 egr delete kit on my truck. I'm curious as to the back flush procedure with this kit. Anyone care to explain it?

Drain the cooling system, open both block plugs, hook a hose to the side coming out of the oil cooler and back flush away. I made a thing that lets me blast some shop air at the same time.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Which hose comes out of the cooler? The one closest to the firewall or closest to the grill? Thanks!

·
Registered
46 Posts
I just put the Gen 3 on also. Game-changer, truck-saver! It's the one closest to the firewall on the delete.

81 - 90 of 90 Posts