Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
61 - 80 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
i was running dieselsites coolant by-pass kit for over 5 years. It now sits on the shelf....but not because it didn't work. It did work. But after i had flushed the coolant system two years ago and added ELC coolant and changed the filter on the by-pass kit a few times after....the filter was absolutly clean each time. I see no need to have one on my truck anymore....it did the job and now i'm giving it to a buddy to use. The IPR kit looks nice, but wish it came out when i purchased my dieselsite kit.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Can you give us an update on this?

How is it holding the temps and are you still having to clean your coolant filter?

·
Vendor
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
Cleaning of my oil filter is down to every oil change (5K miles) and no issues to speak of. System's running great and doing exactly what I expected it to do.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I installed the ipr oil cooler relocation kit with the high flow coolant filter on my 2004 this winter
I have about 2000 miles on the kit now
I have no problems so far and I think it is really cool that the coolant filter is inline directly before the oil cooler
As far as I know it is the only kit that can do that
That was a major selling point for me
It solves the problem of a clogged oil cooler

Nice work Vince

·
Premium Member
719 Posts

·
WWW.COMPIGNTECH.COM
8,775 Posts
The same reason a person would waste their money on IPR's oil cooler kit.

What's your deal man jealous? Lol 12 posts in your post count and 10 are about the junk IPR is selling and the other two are worrying about my ram air induction hood.

·
Registered
275 Posts

·
Vendor
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
Just an update to this thread. My truck has undergone a TON of changes to suspension, aesthetics and performance and the IPR kit is still on the truck getting the coolant filter cleaned ever 10k or so. This truck has been driven to the tip of Mexico and back and has spent time in nearly every desert in SoCal and driven back with no issues to speak of. As for those who were concerned about the strength of the mount for the coolant filter, it hasn't broken, loosened, shifted, etc; even through all this:

·
Registered
9 Posts
It looks like what I need

I just got a 2006 F350 Powerstroke. This looks like the direction I need to go. I'm monitoring with "Torque" now.

·
Premium Member
8,054 Posts
I just got a 2006 F350 Powerstroke. This looks like the direction I need to go. I'm monitoring with "Torque" now.
What are you looking for? This was an old build thread and the OP used an IPR remote oil cooler & high flow coolant filter. FWIW, IPR makes the industry's best coolant filter. BPD makes a better oilcooler set up

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm looking towards a coolant filter, and I'm monitoring the EOT and ECT with "Torque" app right now. I'm not pulling anything heavy, but I'm going to get a slide in camper and pull my boat; nothing real heavy. I'll have it bulletproofed by the Bulletproof guys when the temps change. The heads were rebuilt when I got this at 97,000 miles. I am new at the 6.0, but I'm learning.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I saw a couple of videos showing the IPR coolant filters leaking after being installed for a little while. To be fair the video's were a couple/few years old. Have they fixed this situation yet? I am either going to get an IPR coolant filter or a XDP coolant bypass filter. I do understand the difference between the two. I am just looking at filtering out as much garbage as possible before I do a oil cooler replacement (probably in another year or so, knock on wood....).

Thanks for the time and help guys!

Travo

Reactions: SparkyF250

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
I have had my IPR filter on my truck for about 100,000 miles. I have started seeing small constant leakage. I have never replaced the o-rings, so I can take the blame, as o-rings that get removed every 5-10k should be replaced. So I am unaware of any problems with IPR quality. Mine has been flawless for the last 5 years. I did have to replace a hose due to MY routing, last month. The AC rigid line rubbed a hole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
8,054 Posts
I saw a couple of videos showing the IPR coolant filters leaking after being installed for a little while. To be fair the video's were a couple/few years old. Have they fixed this situation yet? I am either going to get an IPR coolant filter or a XDP coolant bypass filter. I do understand the difference between the two. I am just looking at filtering out as much garbage as possible before I do a oil cooler replacement (probably in another year or so, knock on wood....).

Thanks for the time and help guys!

Travo
If your goal is "filtering out as much garbage as possible before I do a oil cooler replacement" the the IPR with the manifold is the way to go. The added bonus is you can back flush the oil cooler very easily by simply removing one hose. This was my goal as well and my delta was around 20 when I installed it, I back flushed the oil cooler and swapped the gold to Cat EC-1. Now my delta is 6*, I have a new OEM oil cooler on the shelf but I'm in no hurry to install it. I figure the longer I run the filter the better.
BTW I bought the filter used from a guy on here who ran it long enough that he was convinced his system was as clean as it was gonna get. I bought a new set of o-rings and a new element since it came with the early element with the real fine mesh. When running the manifold you can see your delta creep up when the filter needs cleaned. With the fine mesh filter the flow was slightly restricted and I didn't like the delta. Now it's great and no leaks.
I'd love to get their Gen 3 EGR delete but I can't spend the money right at the moment, I'm getting ready to build a new 3 bay shop and an addition on the house, so no unnecessary expenses for awhile.

Reactions: mr.travo

·
Registered
83 Posts
If your goal is "filtering out as much garbage as possible before I do a oil cooler replacement" the the IPR with the manifold is the way to go. The added bonus is you can back flush the oil cooler very easily by simply removing one hose. This was my goal as well and my delta was around 20 when I installed it, I back flushed the oil cooler and swapped the gold to Cat EC-1. Now my delta is 6*, I have a new OEM oil cooler on the shelf but I'm in no hurry to install it. I figure the longer I run the filter the better.
BTW I bought the filter used from a guy on here who ran it long enough that he was convinced his system was as clean as it was gonna get. I bought a new set of o-rings and a new element since it came with the early element with the real fine mesh. When running the manifold you can see your delta creep up when the filter needs cleaned. With the fine mesh filter the flow was slightly restricted and I didn't like the delta. Now it's great and no leaks.
I'd love to get their Gen 3 EGR delete but I can't spend the money right at the moment, I'm getting ready to build a new 3 bay shop and an addition on the house, so no unnecessary expenses for awhile.
Thank you for the words of encouragement! What is the benefit of running the IPR with the manifold vs just tapping into the heater hose. On their site they want $70 extra for the manifold option. Also- where exactly will it bolt to?

Thanks!!!

61 - 80 of 90 Posts