Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
COntinued from this thread:

http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/6-...-filter-so-begins-part-2-a-3.html#post3206493

This deserves it's own thread so feel free to read back if you'd like.

My truck now has:

- ARP Studs
- IPR EGR Cooler
- Ford head gaskets, updated stand pipes and rail plugs
- IPR External oil cooler kit WITH OEM Oil Cooler
- Stainless hoses upgrade
- High capacity coolant filter Upgrade
- Upgraded Stainless HPOP screen
- Upgraded Turbo drain tube
- Upgraded Hpop fitting
- AFe Instake

Machining:
- Resurface the heads
- Install new valve stem seals
- Install new rocker box gaskets
- Exhaust Manifold Gaskets
- Magnaflux and pressure testing
- Inspect for cracked seats, worn valve guides

The point of this isn't to compare IPR's kit to the Bulletproof kit, it's to let everyone know there's another option out there. I drive a lot of short distances and really like the efficiency of the stock water heat exchanger so I wasn't interested in swapping to a air/oil cooler. Vince's kit seems to fit better with my goals and he's been great to deal with thus far! I also love the design of his coolant filter and the machining on his parts is flawless.

I've been driving on this for about a month now so time for an update. Overall, I couldn't be more satisfied with Vince, the guys at IPR or the product. I have been taken care of like royalty and all work and customer service has been timely and more than I could ask for. There's nothing more frusterating than sending an email and getting a reply to one of your 5 questions just to have to ask them again. Vince would call me after receiving my email and we'd go over everything in depth. He knew I was spending a lot of money and wanted me to be comfortable with the purchase of his system.

One thing to note, the machine shop screwed up the heads which he figured out after installing everything when he couldn't get rid of a ticking noise. He dissassembled the kit and motor, ran the heads down to the machine shop same day and provided me with new gaskets all at his expense. You cannot find this kind of customer service anymore!

Now for the kit.. I had to snap a ton of pictures as, even next to a bulletproof EGR cooler, I cannot believe the quality of IPR's product. Take a look at the pictures to follow... I followed a lot of the install and can tell you the fit and finish are all perfect. I elected to go with the Stainless Hose upgrade and it's worked wonders for cleaning up the engine bay and really pops with all the other IPR products.

Thus far I've seen deltas between 0* (on cool days) to 10* on really hot days. It's interesting to see the temps fluctuate with the outside air temp. All in all, I'm stoked out of my mind and the MOTOR HAS NEVER RUN THIS GOOD and I look forward to my first oil analysis after the first 5K miles. Feel free to post up any questions and I'll be happy to address them!

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
I had to snap a ton of pictures as, even next to a bulletproof EGR cooler
Just for clarification, that is NOT a BulletProof egr cooler.

·
Premium Member
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just for clarification, that is NOT a BulletProof egr cooler.
No that is a stock, I didn't take a picture of the BP one which is a nice piece but I prefer the IPR. My buddy had a bulletproof i took in for referrence.

·
Registered
4,609 Posts
Man thats a very nice setup! Also great pictures! :D

·
Premium Member
11,966 Posts
Great pictures and it looks like a first class job. Congrats on the truck and Kudo's to you and your crew Vince.

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Build looks great!! Awesome pics btw!! I am curious though since I haven't tackled mine just yet about the harmonic balancer. I noticed in all the pics it was in the same location and that that hole in between two of the bolts was never at 6 o'clock (prior to the nuts going on the studs). Did you not move the balancer? I have heard people not touching and having zero problems, I've heard of people not touching it and bending pushrods and I've heard to put the hole at 6 o'clock. Any info on that subject would be awesome but I don't wanna derail this thread. Again, excellent stuff IPR!!!

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
Doesnt the external oil cooler kit filter the coolant before it runs through the oil cooler? just wondering why you decided to use the high flow coolant filter also.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Great update and pics! It's good to hear and see of the other options out there! I don't think Ill ever have the kind of money to fully bulletproof my truck like I want it too. I love the idea of an EGR delete, but I am not sure if NY is going to start mandating emissions like the already do in NYC. Thanks again for the update :thumb:

·
Premium Member
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
First Coolant filter cleaning, not expecting mucha as i just flushed about 5K ago but what the hell... lol

Removed Cap:

Drained Coolant:

Removed Filter:

Let soak:

Clean:

Back Together and Fill coolant:

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
what kind of temps are you seeing?

·
Premium Member
11,966 Posts
What is a HPOD?
Actually it's an HPODS Vince. Dieselsite's HPO Delivery System. Adds a parallel delivery system to the oil rails to provide for the limited capacity of the oem branch tube/stand pipe system. Helps maintain HPO pressure/flow when trying to feed larger injectors.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts