Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone rigged up an Ipod cord to the back of the factory radio? I want to know if this is possible. I'm sick of this pos Fm transmitter.

·
Raging Lunatic
8,803 Posts
Has anyone rigged up an Ipod cord to the back of the factory radio? I want to know if this is possible. I'm sick of this pos Fm transmitter.
You have a FM transmitter? :dunno: How does that work?

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its a device that you plug your Ipod into and it sends out a weak FM transmission through your radio. They go anywhere from $50 to $150. I've had 3 different kinds and they all suck, I need a cord.

·
Super Moderator
31,730 Posts
I cant remember who makes it but there is a company that makes one that plugs an FM transmitter directly inline between your IPOD and radio antenna. Thats about your only option from the factory

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Why would there need to be an FM transmitter between the Ipod and radio? I just wanted a straight cord.

·
Super Moderator
31,730 Posts
Why would there need to be an FM transmitter between the Ipod and radio? I just wanted a straight cord.
Because there is no other input back there other than the antenna on an 03. Infact there isnt on any of them unless you have the factory system with the TV.

For what you are thinking you need an aftermarket radio that has inputs for such things

·
Registered
215 Posts
If there is no "AUX" button on your radio then like Dave said, no other input back there and even if there was an input back there, you'd still have to wire in a unit that would create rca inputs to plug in a ipod/mp3 player. Only the radio's with the 3.5mm jacks allow for a 'straight cord' hookup.

Scosche hard wired FM Modulator

·
Super Moderator
31,730 Posts
If there is no "AUX" button on your radio then like Dave said, no other input back there and even if there was an input back there, you'd still have to wire in a unit that would create rca inputs to plug in a ipod/mp3 player. Only the radio's with the 3.5mm jacks allow for a 'straight cord' hookup.

Thats the unit I was talking about:thumb:

·
Registered
2,391 Posts

That looks pretty cool..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts