Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I supposed to be able to play music via bluetooth from my iphone through my Sync system? My phone is connected(via bluetooth), all the normal phone operations function fine, however my music will not play wirelessly, I have to connect it to the auxillary port. Yes, I am aware of the little Sync icon by the fast forward buttons, however no matter what I do it stays silent. I'm thinking about going back to the dealer to see what's up.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Once the iPhone is connected... select the MEDIA button on your audio head. Then, you should see something on the audio screen that says SOURCE.

If your truck is like mine, it always defaults to the LINE IN option. You need to tap it to select BLTH, and then you can play audio from your iPhone (iPod, Pandora, etc.) thru the truck system.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Press the voice button and tell it to play "Bluetooth audio" I had the same problem and I went back and re-read the book, also you can set it play when it connects to your truck.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! Any other tricks or tips I should know? I guess I didn't read the book as thorough as I thought.

·
Registered
91 Posts
mine said could not connect... then played through my iphone 4s bluetooth, I don't understand everything I master and do not question my latent hidden super powers.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Mine just started doing that out of the blue as well. The iPhone starts playing automatically even if the radio isn't on. The only way to get music is plug in the USB and 9 times out of 10 I have to unplug it at least once if not twice to get the music to play as well.

I did make sure the source is BT audio and auto play is off. :dunno:

I went to the dealership and they calm all the problems they are seeing is with anything "i", they think it has to do with Sync being a MS system, which I am not completely buying.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts