Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

· Registered
200 Posts
Sorry but the hideous dash makes me fail to notice there is an ipad there. That interior makes me want to puke! I know it is your truck so I am happy you got it to work! Do you use it for everything...phone, data, movies, nav? Can it play music over your speakers?

· Premium Member
751 Posts
That's a little harsh. He has obviously put a lot of work into the truck, don't bask it because it's not your taste. It's not my taste either but it looks like it turned out good and I could never pull anything like that off. At least not without a lot of practice and time.

Thumbs up to the OP! Now tell us about it and the rest of the interior. :)

· Premium Member
32,386 Posts
Excellent fab skills man.

Fully functional? Ipad removable without issue?

· Registered
1,369 Posts
fab work is very nice and clean but the one thing i would have wanted different is the cables and how visible they are.

how do you have it setup to function? just as if you plugged it into the radio like an ipod?

· Premium Member
2,908 Posts
just FYI as far as stereo he has an actual Pioneer double din down under the dash of all things??? its hard to notice but it is down there... :/

· Registered
1,369 Posts
saw that but im getting at how its setup to run. i dont think you could do it like an external display for the pioneer and with the apple usb cable pioneer units cant get video from the ipad.

that and its got the aux cable plugged in also to the headphone jack. just confused how its setup to work and what i can do

· Premium Member
2,908 Posts
saw that but im getting at how its setup to run. i dont think you could do it like an external display for the pioneer and with the apple usb cable pioneer units cant get video from the ipad.

that and its got the aux cable plugged in also to the headphone jack. just confused how its setup to work and what i can do
I assume he is using it for gauges then as an 'ipod' input for the stereo
but im at a loss as well :dunno:

· Registered
99 Posts
willietwosix - That is a sick build. I really like the Ipad but like everyone else wants to know is it fully functional and can you detach and have normal operation? When I was looking through your pictures on Photobucket I saw that you put dynomat down, did putting that down help reduce engine and road noise?

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks for the praise people... and i don't mind the negative comments.... to each their own...

the iPad is fully functional throughout the stereo... but i don't use video on the pioneer, why would i? i have an iPad in my dash....

the iPad get used for everything from truck monitoring, gps, music, movies, web, video chat, phone, etc etc

the iPod cable is for charging and screen cloning of the iPad to the headrest monitors, the audio cable has better sound quality better than the bluetooth audio link to the pioneer double din.

the pioneer double din is for selecting audio input, regular radio and dvd's for the back tv's, and i also use the pioneer tv for my rear, side and front view cameras.... when they come out with a functioning bluetooth camera for the iPad i will most likely ditch the pioneer

the iPad slides in and out from the top with ease and the cables act as a a lock to keep it from "jumping" when i hit a bump 4x4in....

i could have gone cable-less but i would have needed to buy a apple dock and rip it apart and embed it into the dash, and the unit would have to slide in from the side... and i didn't like the look of a giant gap on the side.... so i was forced to do it this way if i wanted the iPad to be vertical...

the pioneer unit can also link up to the iPad but when you use certain apple usb cables you can not clone the video, you can only use the video out function and make the iPad a useless controller... so i have an 30 apple usb extension cable running to the apple 30 pin hdmi harness in my glove box...

its nice to have the pioneer head unit sometimes if I'm just running to the store and forget my iPad... but 99% of the time i use the iPad for the cursing music

and just for you haters... i will hide the 3.5 audio cable in the air vents today.... it was only put there to test the sound quality of hard wire vs bluetooth audio link.... and hard wire won... i bet its not as ugly as your suction cup gps mount and cable running to your cigarette lighter!!!

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That's a little harsh. He has obviously put a lot of work into the truck, don't bask it because it's not your taste. It's not my taste either but it looks like it turned out good and I could never pull anything like that off. At least not without a lot of practice and time.

Thumbs up to the OP! Now tell us about it and the rest of the interior. :)
thanks for sticking up for a brothers hard work...lol

check out the links for the rest of the exterior / interior

Canucks Truck | Facebook

www.youtube.com/canuckstruck

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
willietwosix - That is a sick build. I really like the Ipad but like everyone else wants to know is it fully functional and can you detach and have normal operation? When I was looking through your pictures on Photobucket I saw that you put dynomat down, did putting that down help reduce engine and road noise?
dynamat made my truck sound like a 4 banger inside... i have a turbo back 5" and 37" with a descent offset... before the dynamat it sounded like a women's hair salon... just a ton of random noise!!!

now it sounds like my benz inside... just a small amount of engine noise and no road noise...

i dynamited the roof, floor, doors and fire and back wall... 2 packs of dynamat... the picture of it i only used 1 pack but i bought another after to finish the job the right way.... i would highly recommend it.... especially if you spend a fair bit of time on the highway like me....

· Registered
1,369 Posts
thanks for the praise people... and i don't mind the negative comments.... to each their own...

the iPad is fully functional throughout the stereo... but i don't use video on the pioneer, why would i? i have an iPad in my dash....

the iPad get used for everything from truck monitoring, gps, music, movies, web, video chat, phone, etc etc

the iPod cable is for charging and screen cloning of the iPad to the headrest monitors, the audio cable has better sound quality better than the bluetooth audio link to the pioneer double din.

the pioneer double din is for selecting audio input, regular radio and dvd's for the back tv's, and i also use the pioneer tv for my rear, side and front view cameras.... when they come out with a functioning bluetooth camera for the iPad i will most likely ditch the pioneer

the iPad slides in and out from the top with ease and the cables act as a a lock to keep it from "jumping" when i hit a bump 4x4in....

i could have gone cable-less but i would have needed to buy a apple dock and rip it apart and embed it into the dash, and the unit would have to slide in from the side... and i didn't like the look of a giant gap on the side.... so i was forced to do it this way if i wanted the iPad to be vertical...

the pioneer unit can also link up to the iPad but when you use certain apple usb cables you can not clone the video, you can only use the video out function and make the iPad a useless controller... so i have an 30 apple usb extension cable running to the apple 30 pin hdmi harness in my glove box...

its nice to have the pioneer head unit sometimes if I'm just running to the store and forget my iPad... but 99% of the time i use the iPad for the cursing music

and just for you haters... i will hide the 3.5 audio cable in the air vents today.... it was only put there to test the sound quality of hard wire vs bluetooth audio link.... and hard wire won... i bet its not as ugly as your suction cup gps mount and cable running to your cigarette lighter!!!
Sounds pretty sweet man. and not hating on your cables just its something that caught my eye. thats why my edge cts is hidden in the driver glove box where you moved your pioneer to so the wires and the device werent exposed and unfinished

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sounds pretty sweet man. and not hating on your cables just its something that caught my eye. thats why my edge cts is hidden in the driver glove box where you moved your pioneer to so the wires and the device werent exposed and unfinished
LOL...

my sct is hiding in my passenger glove box.... she so ugly with her obd2 cable!!!!

i am hoping that sct, edge or bullydog come out with a good programmer app for our smartphones or iPads....

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yes... but there is connection issues with it... my diesel tech said wait for the next version.... so i wait...

I'm actually fine with the dash command app and module for monitoring and i only use my sct to flash my truck a few times a year.... (drag day/dyno day, trailering, and regular driving) so i might not even wind up buying it....

· Registered
99 Posts
willietwosix - Im not trying to steal your thread but was it hard to dynomat your truck? I really want to reduce engine noise and my noisy 35's and I was trying to find the best product and the ease of installing.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.