Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Powerstroke.org members. I'm proud to be a sponsor and member of this forum. I spent my career as a Ford Motor Company Senior Engineer working on many vehicle programs including F-Series Power Stroke Super Duty Trucks as well as testing and analysis of competitive trucks.

I here to assist you with all your technical and vehicle questions. I will use my experience to assist you to improve the performance and durability of your trucks and other vehicles and equipment.

I am currently the largest AMSOIL Distributor Nationwide and am passionate about AMSOIL Synthetic Lubricants and Filtration products. I first learned about AMSOIL while working as an Engineer at Ford alongside Roush Racing Engineers and learned that Roush uses AMSOIL in their race cars. I used AMSOIL products for many years before deciding to become an AMSOIL Dealer and then in 2003 I left my Engineering position at Ford in order to pursue my AMSOIL business full time.

Thank You, Dave Mann

·
Premium Member
14,367 Posts
WELCOME Dave! Pleasure to have you on board with us. :)

·
Registered
179 Posts
Welcome to the org. Glad to have you aboard , Maybe you could help us 6.4l guys with our fuel mileage issue.:ORG welcome:

·
Premium Member
9,097 Posts
Welcome to Powerstroke.org
:welcome1::welcome2::welcome1::welcome2::welcome1::welcome2::welcome1:​

·
Registered
190 Posts
Welcome to the ORG.

I am sure you will a big help in here..

·
Registered
445 Posts
Thanks for joining us at the ORG!! Great to have you onboard:thumb:

:ORG welcome:​

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
:welcome1::welcome1::welcome1:

I'v been using Amsoil for 25 years or more.

I have ben meaning to call Amsoil about this question, since your here I'll ask you.

I have a spinner bypass on a Cummins 855, 45k hrs on the engine and i have gotten no carbon out of the filter. With the engine running, i take the cap off and see the thing spinning faster than I can see, . Do you why carbon or other crude is not settling out?

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Welcome friend, It's great to have you here.:thumb:

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
:ORG welcome::beer::drinking4::beer::ORG welcome:​

All Amsoil here. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
6.4L Fuel Economy

Welcome to the org. Glad to have you aboard , Maybe you could help us 6.4l guys with our fuel mileage issue.:ORG welcome:
Thanks, what is your MPG now? The 6.4L's are not much better than some of the 6.0's due to the additional emissions equipment; ie the DPF and the EGR system. My 6.0L gets 11.4 on average in summer and less in winter, while some other build dates and years average 14-16 and some can get closer to 20, however there is wide variance depending on options, wheel/tire size, modifications, PCM, new engineering releases/injectors, electronics etc during a particular production model year etc.

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
:welcome1::welcome1::welcome1:

I'v been using Amsoil for 25 years or more.

I have ben meaning to call Amsoil about this question, since your here I'll ask you.

I have a spinner bypass on a Cummins 855, 45k hrs on the engine and i have gotten no carbon out of the filter. With the engine running, i take the cap off and see the thing spinning faster than I can see, . Do you why carbon or other crude is not settling out?
That is not an AMSOIL manufactured unit. AMSOIL does not offer spinner filter systems, just singe and dual remote by-pass units utilizing valve blocks with spin-on threaded by-pass filters that remove soot and water.

Most likely the depends on the micron rating of the spinner as to what particle size soot particles that it traps. I'd recommend contacting the manufacturer of that unit to make sure it is functioning properly.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
That is not an AMSOIL manufactured unit. AMSOIL does not offer spinner filter systems, just singe and dual remote by-pass units utilizing valve blocks with spin-on threaded by-pass filters that remove soot and water.

Most likely the depends on the micron rating of the spinner as to what particle size soot particles that it traps. I'd recommend contacting the manufacturer of that unit to make sure it is functioning properly.
The spinner is a centrifuge., Several of my friends have the same setup and get alot of soot, but their using dino oil. It's spinning fast and oil is going through it. I am taking it off and putting an amsoil bypass filter on instead.

Thanks for the responce.

·
Premium Member
19,112 Posts
Welcome to the ORG! Great to have you here sponsoring the site, Dave!

·
Premium Member
17,255 Posts
:welcome1:

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have been reading that AMSOIL is not good for a 7.3 Powerstroke. I have a 1997 F250 7.3 Powerstroke with 76,000 miles on it. I want to switch to 15 w 40 Synthetic oil in my truck will this be ok.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts