Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member here. Still trying to find the rules, but it was clear I needed to do an intro in the welcome letter deal.

Just picked up a 2003 Ford Excursion. Has a 6.0 w 128,000 miles. Pretty damn clean if you ask me. Has minor wear like a worn seat. But that’s about it. It’s a sweet rig. Bought it at 9pm inspected it over w my iPhone flashlight. I was impressed for my first diesel. I paid top dollar and I already have a few friends thinking I’m crazy. But it’s pretty close to factory. No deletes. Has an upgraded egr cooler I was told. Also had a few banks power items installed at the factory or dealer. Idk which one, so 4” exhaust and a waste gate or something else if I remember correctly. The previous owner had the Excusion for 10 years so I’ll take his word on the maintenance history with the condition it’s in. He mentioned it had a new radiator as well. Didn’t see it was a full aluminum until I showed up to look. Drove it home around 125 miles averaged 18.0 mpg on the way home. I was pretty happy with that. I’m an ASE master tech but Ford and diesels are not something I’ve dabbled in much. So I am curious if I can get a reliable 100k miles out of it. I’ll post pics when I figure out how.
I have no intentions of building a 6k lbs race suv. I’m pretty big on it running clean and efficient. If I can tune for more mpg I will otherwise all factory is the plan. For now.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
19,256 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts