Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HEy guys i just installed the TS 6 position chip in my truck. Im looking at buying a International Harvester CPS for the truck since i installed after market one and the truck has some issues when it rains. With the chip and this different International Harvester CPS will it cause any running problems on any of the settings? thanks kyle

·
Banned
3,771 Posts
Nope. but if you have problems in the rain its probably your GEM module and your dash is leaking..

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope. but if you have problems in the rain its probably your GEM module and your dash is leaking..
do you mean the windshield is leaking? i have heard a few different things as to why the 7.3L run weird in the rain. 1. cps is getting wet in the plug 2. the injection computer in the drive side fender plug is getting wet and 3rd the windshield leaking on the main computer. Never heard anything on the GEM module. Where is that located? in the last rain storm i checked my carpet for dampness but found nothing.

SO what is the best CPS to get? i have read tones on all the different colors and what not.

Thanks Kyle

·
Winning DUHHH
2,389 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
I third the second to the first! Anyone? Whats the best most reliable cps

·
Premium Member
8,692 Posts
First, all this "Best CPS" thing has become overblown. There are advantages/disadvantages between them BUT, you have to remember these are very subtle differences... I bet 98% of 7.3's out there have had their Grey replacements installed by now and their owners are blissfully unaware of any difference. :wink[3]:

Second, the CPS - Rain connection didn't have anything to do with the CPS getting wet. It was actually turning the wipers ON that caused some problems (not sure why though,,, didn't happen to everybody)

The GEM is above the fusebox and the common leaks were in the bottom corner of the windshield above it. Look for water back there after a heavy rain.

·
Registered
21 Posts
There seems to be no universal answer, as in no 2 trucks are the same. Mine didn't play well with the grey but has run flawlessly on the dark blue. You almost have to to buy one of each color (grey, blue, black) and experiment to find the one that works.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts