Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an intermittent brake warning light issue for a few months now. Disconnected the emergency brake switch and tested; switch is good and light still comes on with it disconnected. I should add the light is very random and sometimes fades on and off. I replaced the brake master cylinder because it's 20 years old, still comes on. The worst of it is, it disables the cruise control when on. Harness?

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have an intermittent brake warning light issue for a few months now. Disconnected the emergency brake switch and tested; switch is good and light still comes on with it disconnected. I should add the light is very random and sometimes fades on and off. I replaced the brake master cylinder because it's 20 years old, still comes on. The worst of it is, it disables the cruise control when on. Harness?
Check the ground

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah, which one? Grounding is how the system powers the brake problem light.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I tested the switches on the NEW master cylinder too; light is still coming on. I have heard of the float sticking, I was hoping it was that. That is the main reason I replaced the original master cylinder

What about the vacuum pump or switch?

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The low vacuum switch is bad. I checked the system with my old vacuum gauge and it's showing ~23 inches plus gauge error. I also checked about 45 minutes later and it still had ~23 inches. I would think the switch is a discontinued item? Has anyone found a replacement or repaired the original switch?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts