Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First Sorry for the typing i have been up over 24 hours driving back from California.

My Differenital was leaking at one stop it made a small puddle but stopped and has not leaked again. I have 800 miles to tow my 30 foot trailer home and Im a bit nurvous. any help would be nice.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Check the fluid and make sure that you arent completely empty, if you get a chance just drop the cover and change and reseal the diff. pulling a trailer like that i would definately check it immediately

·
Banned
71 Posts
!

Like I always say, as long as its leaking theres fluid in it. Is the leak high up on the diff cover, is it the pinion seal? Check the level and add if you have to.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Like I always say, as long as its leaking theres fluid in it. Is the leak high up on the diff cover, is it the pinion seal? Check the level and add if you have to.
thats true if there is no leaking its prolly cuz thers no fluid. in this case a leak would at least let you know that there is fluid there

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks I ended up adding fluid every 100 miles or so due to not wanting to break the truck. The first time I added fluid it took almost a quart then did not need much at all the other stops. I am going to work on it tomorrow and just clean reseal and add all new fluid got my trusty tube of black silicone gasket and 75-140 gear oil.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Can anyone point me someplace to figure out what rear diff I have? There is only one tag, which does not seem correct. The tag has the gearing 4.10 then v2034 ua on top line & bottom line reads 606781-5 ls. I have done several searches and called the local Ford dealership shop who was unable to give any info saying "that tag makes no sence" but this is the same shop that has given me wrong parts.

Any info would really help thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts