Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to get into a 6.4 and I have a pretty simple question. Is there a difference in how comfortable the different trim levels are or is it just a change in material? I have found several lower mileage '10s for the same price as the '08 king ranches and lariats with higher mileage. What do y'all think?

David

·
Premium Member
717 Posts
its all the same seats just different covers , yes lariat has leather , the king rancher has a different grade almost rougher/heavier looking , its all preferance , I purchased mine with larait package and have changed almost all of it ( seats put covers on ,wheels went aftermarket ,etc !! , I should have bought an xl model and saved almost 10k , but in all seriousness , i love my truck and would go back - good luck

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks, that is what I was wondering. I know my 03 XLT has some horrible seats in it and wasn't sure if it was because it wasn't a lariat or just because that's how they were back then. Thanks again

·
Registered
769 Posts
The King Ranch and Cabelas packages are different. Not too sure about the Harleys. I'm talking about the leather they use.

The KR/Cabelas will, IMO, last a lot longer. I've had several Ford cars with leather and have seen many 6.0's and 6.4's with leather and the only ones that hold up without huge cracks are the KR's. It's untreated leather that is very similar (if not the same as) saddle leather which is easy to condition, softer, and more durable. That said, you could find a standard leather interior that has been well-taken care of that won't give you much trouble either.

I have seen abused KR packages that are brought back to life pretty easily (and some that are too far gone to repair). Problem with the standard leather is that when they look like they are in rough or abused shape, you're probably not going to be able to fix them with a cleaning and reconditioning.

I got a KR just because my previous Ford leather interiors had deteriorated on me even with a lot of care. My KR still looks great after 5 yrs of Texas and Mississippi heat and abuse.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
The Cabelas will, IMO, last a lot longer.
I'm having the entire interior of my Cabela's Edition (all seat backs and bottoms) replaced under the bumper to bumper warranty. The brown on the two tone seats is fading. They didn't last very long. My truck is a 2009 Cabela's with ~35,000 miles on it.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Yeah, I've read of people having issues with the Cabelas (especially about the tones fading or not matching).

I don't know very much about them except that they are similar (or at least I thought they were) to the KR.

I have also heard of people having issues with the KR, but then again, I have no idea how they took care of them. Mine gets saddle leather conditioner every few months and it looks great (besides whatever dirt the previous owner managed to get in it).

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
I get my truck fully detailed a few times a year and use leather cleaner and conditioner every month. The brown on the Cabela's is quite different. It is brown and not caramel like the KR. They also use a perforated leather which seemed to be problematic on the Cabela's. The perforations were pulling and my seats looked like crap. It is also a huge PITA to get these seats recovered. I've waited 4 months for the seat covers to come in as they're a no stock USA item. So much for buying a unique/limited edition truck! I actually bought some Browning seat covers for my front driver and passenger seats since they're used the most and I want to protect the leather from all the dirt and the sun.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts