Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm considering an interior swap to a king ranch interior in my 97. But Idk what year seats I should look into. I have done some research so I know its possible. But no clarification on year of seats and difficulty of wiring. So I figured I'd ask y'all. I haven't decided if I want to do king ranch or Harley seats. But I really like the saddle leather. Really works since I'm in Wyoming.

Sent from my LG-P925 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
591 Posts
Best of my knowledge is any 99 to 2010 seats from a super duty will fit with minor modifications

·
Registered
461 Posts
what about the rear? will the 05 and up rear fit?

·
Registered
591 Posts
The rear out of 05 should fit, but you'll have to drill new holes it i believe.

·
Delivers Pizzas For Fun!
6,024 Posts
Wiring is easy... ground, power for controls, and power for heat if u are going that route. Looks like u have a crew cab from your avitar, so u will have to cut and bend the legs a little and drill all new holes. I saw a KR sawp in a CCLB b4, looks great if u have tan interior. I dont care for it if its gray but just my opinion. Could also just do a lariat seat swap so that the color match, i know they arnt KR but still are nice

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just want to revamp my interior, make it more comfy. I want the floating console, not the middle seat. And I need a new dash anyway, so I can look into a tan one. If I do a lariat, I can start sooner, as I'm sure it'll be easier to find then king ranch seats. And yes, I want all the goodies.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Just be prepared to PAY. The KR seats typically sell for 1000 for a pair of buckets w console OR 40-20-40

·
Delivers Pizzas For Fun!
6,024 Posts
Then expect to pay 2000 for a pair with counsole. Best bet is to look on CL, ebay, or find someone with a rolled truck parting it out. JY's know what they are worth.

We have an auto lot that sells reconstructed cars and trucks after they are wrecked, they had a KR out there and someone stole all the seats and the insurance company totaled the truck again. Haha, so they stuffed lariat seats in it out of their yard and sold it.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yea, I'm sure, but I do know the owner of some of these junk yards very well.

·
Registered
8,710 Posts
I've done both pre '08 seats and '08 seats in a OBS...big differences as 08's center consul has a frame that ties into the seat frame making the install little more difficult.

The '08's also don't have the seat heaters switch in the seats its part of the dash HVAC controls..so wiring is a big pain.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So if I want seats and center consul. Front and back seats. What year would you advise? To minimize the risk of improper wiring, and ease of installation?

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I know there's an abundance of 06 around town? That work?

·
Registered
502 Posts
06' would work I think. I know some of the F150 guys run Super Duty seats in their trucks by switching out the seat tracks, maybe that would simplify some things for you?

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have an F350. Would f150 seats be the ideal swap? Aren't they smaller? And I'm sure it'd be a nightmare to find f150 full back seat for my crew cab.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts