Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the best way to clean the interior on these trucks? I don't like the wipes so those are out, but what would be a good way to clean the dash and leather seats? I'm just thinking soap, water, and scrubb with a sponge.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
the dash i use just water and a rag and for the seats if my kids spill somthing or there just dirty i use simple green and wipe them down ....it really cleans them good ...and then i use a leather seat conditioner i think its called black magic ? its for leather but it works good

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've heard simple green is bad. I've used it before but nothing happened besides the seat getting clean.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
I've heard simple green is bad. I've used it before but nothing happened besides the seat getting clean.
i dont understand what your trying to say here:dunno:

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Just saying I've used simple green in the past and then someone told me it isn't good for the seats and since then I haven't used simple green.
ohh ok i see ....ive never heard it was bad for the seats maybe if you use it straight .... i add water to mine to thin it out a little and then when im done i re wipe it with just water and dry them ...and then ill put the leather seat conditioner on them

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
i just use the whipes often, so it never gets that bad. well after working in the mud or offroading i really need to just put the windows down and go threw a carwash...

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
I use the air compresser/ Windex/ soft rags / and a vacuum. The air hose gets all the crap off the seat brackets and door jam cracks, Windex the rag then wipe dash all the way to door jams. Then vac offcoarse.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I used to own a car detailing company and I have found the best and easiest way to clean interiors. Do a search for microfiber gloves on the internet. There are a few places that sell them. Just spray a good quality interior cleaner on them and go to town. You can finish wiping down all the plastic and the leather in no time at all. After the seats dry up a bit, apply a good quality leather conditioner with your bare hands(using a towel wastes too much product). I'd stay away from simple green. It dries out the interior too much. I used to use Stoner products.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
I use Meguiars rubber & plastic protectant (proffessional beige bottle). and I use meguiars leather treatment system, 2 part every 6 mo, and regular leather spray for normal cleaning. Stoners window cleaner.

·
Registered
551 Posts
I generally just wipe down the dash and seats with a damp chamois when I do my weekly truck washin'. Every couple of months or so when I wax them I use a good leather conditioner on the seats.

·
Registered
484 Posts
If you want a really deep clean use Hydefood or saddle soP. Most rewuire an overnight sitting than scrub out in the morning. a buddy of mice used this and it looked great when he was done.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
For leather, Lexol products have been highly recommended to me from several leather care professionals.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts